New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi,

I'm having a problem with my civic 2005, idle is dropping almost to zero when shifting to neutral then it will back again to normal. I have already replace spark plugs but the problem is still there. I know that the standard idling is in 0.8 or below 1. Problem is not consistent. there are times normal and not.

The only additional accessories is my subwoofer and ionizer, does these devices cause the problem?

Your comments and suggestion please.

Super thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    civic 2005? medyo bago bago pa ata para magkaron ng idling problems ah. well anyway, basic check up for idling problems is IACV and throttle body cleaning. well, if we are going to analyze, if ever yun nga ang problema, most probably hinde ito nalilinisan before kaya nag build up na yung dume...

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1575913

http://www.hondaclub.com/forum/artic...-cleaning.html

the 2 links above are write ups on IACV (idle air control valve) and throttle body. if you want DIY, you can search the net and forums for a step by step procedure. madali lang yan. baka sakaling yun lang ang madumi. you might as well check muna yan before mo dalin sa casa o talyer na nananaga ng presyo.

hope this helps

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    just to add.. the IACV sometimes called servo

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Actually sa CASA ko nga dinala pero negative pa rin yung result. Works done was Clean Body Throttle and Change spark plugs.

Try ko clean IACV, hope fully eto na yung sagot sa problem ko.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Check the air filter element, it may be clogged and the engine can't breathe normally. Clean or replace if necessary.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i have a civic 2004. encountered that problem already. they first cleaned the IACV and the problem dissapeared for a while, and after a few weeks it came back along with a CEL warning. they had to replace the IACV. After that it's all fine na.

I had it repaired sa honda. it wasnt cheap though.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Air filter was already done. The only thing that we have done is the IACV...

I'll have it check over the weekend and give you guys update.

Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Guys,

as per HONDA SA, IACV has been cleaned already when they've cleaned the throttle body dahil magkatabi lng daw yun.

Any more suggestion on how to address my civic problem. Namatayan me ng engine kanina when I shift to neutral from 3rd gear.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Try resetting the ECU or computer box by disconnecting the battery terminals overnight. You will have to set the clock and radio station presets again but it may help in the idling problem.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i'm having the same problem pero nagno-normalize sya after driving for a while. so far di pa naman namamatay yung engine ko. nawawala din yung Check Engine Light.

napa diagnose ko na sya and got an error code 14 "IACV Circuit Failure". i ask Hondakal and the price for IACV is around +7k for honda city 04 model.

bukas dalhin ko sa shop baka sakaling makuha ng cleaning lang.... i suggest pa diagnose mo din sir although you'll spend around +1K sa diagnostics pa lang...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
idling drop to almost zero when shifting to neutral