New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I just want to share my experience with my car so that somehow may help others who are just like me searching for ideas thru internet.

I encountered temperature problem 2 weeks ago so what i did is to let my radiator overhauled. the other day, same problem encountered so what I did again is to replaced my radiator fan motor to a brand new one and at the same time remove my thermostat as advised by my mechanic. I also replaced my thermoswitch.

So far same problem encountered. I again replaced my radiator host to a new one but same problem.

I was thinking to of getting back my thermostat back I believed that having no thermostat will make more the engine colder.

But yesterday. I cant think of any other solution to the problem so I decided to buy a new thermostat and this is it. No more overheating after driving from manila to nueva viscaya.

I just want to share everyone that running without thermostat can make your temperature high especially in driving long hours just like me which I was not convinced before.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^+1 That's true... hindi na sana inilagay nung mga engineer na gumawa kung hindi naman kailangan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the thermostat keeps the engine in normal operating temp. its true that no thermostat means cooler temp but making your engine even hotter without thermostat is kind of not normal. i dunno, but maybe there was a clog in the hose that when the thermostat was replaced the clog was drained out.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huwag kasi maniwala sa mga backyard mechanic, saka pag ganyan ang mechanic puro remedyo ang alam huwag na magpagawa doon. mas magaling pa sila sa mga engineers eh

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *milesaldrich,

Thanks for the information. How much did you spend on the new thermostat?

I just want to share my experience with civic vtec dimension