New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Hi folks I have one question, how can I unlock my car with manual key to open the hood, I was out of country for 4 months, and before I left I removed the battery terminal from under the hood locked my car and went for trip, now I need to install battery terminals but for that I have to open the hood, and my honda 2018 civic is locked, I do have keyfob, but main thing is how to get in the car?? Is there any key slot available where I can manually insert the key and open the driver side door??
    please help me out.
    Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The fob has a manual key integrated to it. You just need to slide a little notch to separate it from the fob itself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wifey68 View Post
    Hi folks I have one question, how can I unlock my car with manual key to open the hood, I was out of country for 4 months, and before I left I removed the battery terminal from under the hood locked my car and went for trip, now I need to install battery terminals but for that I have to open the hood, and my honda 2018 civic is locked, I do have keyfob, but main thing is how to get in the car?? Is there any key slot available where I can manually insert the key and open the driver side door??
    please help me out.
    Thanks.

please see below:

key is in your keyfob, the video below will show how to replace the keyfob battery. However you will as well see where the key is:

What to do when your Honda Smart Key's battery goes flat? - YouTube

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    check your owner's manual.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in some manuals, it says "call your dealer".
    heh heh.

...joke?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    and the manual is in the glove box hehe joke

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hanap ka ng bato, then balutan mo ng tshirt...

may maliit na bintana sa likod