New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Mga boss, I need your help on how to prevent my car from rust..Actually, nakatira ako malapit sa dagat, so there is a possibility na madaling kainin ng KALAWANG ang kotse ko even the whole parts of it tama po ba?.... Ano po ba ang pwede kong gawin para maprevent ko yun, kasi may nagsabi sakin na ipa "under couth" ko daw?..correct me if i'm wrong sa spelling or words hehehe......pasensya na po, first time ko lang po magkaroon ng kotse pero HINDI ko pa lam kung ano tawag dun at kung magkano magagastos ko..Is that the correct way on how to care for my car?.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    boss ang pina ka unang mong gawin isolate mo yong garage,Im mean close type ang grahe mo, bago ka mag pa undercoat.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you live near the beach you just cant do nothing about it. You just have to make the best to wash your car to prevent rust much faster than you think. Even though away from the ocean there is no guarantee that car wont rusted since it expose to every element that harmfull to a car. Car cover and a garage will help but its not a prevention.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Inaabot ba ng high tide sa daan at nabababad sa garahe?
    Even humidity can cause rust... Malayo man o malapit sa dagat... Lumusong man o hindi ang kotse sa tubig...

Undercoat po, sir, pero sa pangilalim at chassis pa lang yun...
    Maintain/always check the brakes (especially the disc rotors) as they are the most prone to rust...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    1. Wash your car every two days; everyday if it is wet with salt on the roads.
    2. Wax your car once every month.
    3. Keep the inside clean as well, being sure to clean up after any spills which can start rust from the inside.
    4. Salt speeds rust, so be careful to keep your car clean if you live by the ocean or in the winter when there’s salt on the road.
    5. Clean the underside of your car and your wheel wells when filthy or at least once a week.
    6. If your car is seriously at risk for rust because of regularly exposure to salt, etc. you can clean it and then spray it with a lubricant appropriate for cars or even paint it with a proper coating for the surface (this should be done by a professional).
    7. Know that if you are in a very salty climate or are already fending off rust problems, you may want to consider coating your car with a rust-preventing spray.
    8. Key is to keep metal surfaces dry- whether you wipe them off after use, or protect them with paint, lacquer, lubricant or wax.
    9. Learn that if you are going to spray your car with anything flammable. make sure the engine is cold and give it some time for the vapors to clear up before you fire it up again. Try to avoid spraying on your exhaust or mufflers so they don’t get too smelly when hot.
      • Before any long periods on inactivity, wash and spray down a rust-preventing spray.
      • Drive further behind other vehicles to prevent nicks from pebbles they kick up.
      • Cover your car with a car cover whenever possible.

10. Examine your car for rust often. External painted parts will show rust when the paint bubbles or blisters up. On other metal parts, just look for the beginnings of rust.
    11. Know that there are 3 areas to look for rust: the engine and trunk, the undercarriage of the car and the external painted parts.
      • Fix small problems in the paintwork quickly.
      • If you have existing rust on the underside of your car, you will need to remove it. There are sprays that do this.
      • Treat any rust that pops up immediately and aggressively.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    maraming salamat mga sir sa informations na ibinigay nyo, siguro nasabi lang samin na magpa "undercoat" kasi first timer ako magkakotse..at isa pa siguro para lang magastusan kagad ako..anyway salamat ulit sa mga payo nyo...thanks tsikoters...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Makakatulong po ba yung mga rust stopper (like the one I saw in ebay.ph "VPS Electronic Rust Stopper"? Any comments/violent reactions?

how to prevent my HONDA car from RUST