New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    It was my first time i buy a brand new car but i have a feeling that what I got is pre-owned. Moreover after 3 months the unit's steering gear box has a leak & i was using the car for not more than 1 month. The warranty booklet they issued have 1000kms service written on it dated 1.5 month before i bought the car. And parts of the Owner Status Change Card are all torn.
    Im happy with my car but i just like to be assured that what i got is really brand new.
    Anybody who can give me some inputs?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sana you returned it agad nung nakita mong may nag claim na nang service for 1K PMS. You paid for brand new, mamaya nabaha pa yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Brand and Saan dealer? I hate it when people ask here and not give any details

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LakwatseranPnay View Post
    It was my first time i buy a brand new car but i have a feeling that what I got is pre-owned. Moreover after 3 months the unit's steering gear box has a leak & i was using the car for not more than 1 month. The warranty booklet they issued have 1000kms service written on it dated 1.5 month before i bought the car. And parts of the Owner Status Change Card are all torn.
    Im happy with my car but i just like to be assured that what i got is really brand new.

The car should not have exceeded it's first 1000km service if it was brand new. In fact, the odometer should not exceed a couple of hundred kilometers (figuring for "shipping" from factory) upon receiving the car.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    was the car even bought in a dealer? i've never heard of stories like this... if you bought it from an individual and not from the dealer, this is likely possible

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Details, details, details???

Dealer? Brand? Car? What's the mileage now? What's the mileage when you bought it? Did you check/verify the service record that appeared on the booklet? How did you see the steering box leak (and is this model you bought still equipped with a hydraulic power steering?).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow I can't believe may nanloloko pa ng ganyan tsk tsk..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LakwatseranPnay View Post
    Yung used booklet mo sign na yan na over used na sa brandnew yung car.

You can further check yung tire vs spare tire, appearance, yung odo dapat nasa around 100 ang km reading, yung pang ilalim kung gaano kadumi o kalinis plus yung checklist nila bago irelease sa casa...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I am sorry if i cant provide the exact details. I bought it direct from a Honda Dealer. Its 4x4AT CRV which I got January 2012. I only know of the steering gear bix when I brought the car to one of Honda's center. The kilometer reading when I got it is about 30kms. When i brought the unit for service, nasa 2,000 ++ kms. I was out of the country for almost a month so hindi yan nagamit kagad. When i came back, i felt something wrong with the steering wheel kaya dinala ko for service so dun ko nalaman yun problem. The claim re: warranty booklet, they said " nagkamali ng bigay" which i couldnt accept na baket may sulat na. I only saw that when ingave the warranty booklet sa nag service ng 10,000 kms check up kahit nasa 2,000++ pa lamg reading. Sabi nun guy baket po may sulat na if d nyo pa napa service and bakit daw pilas yun mga parts nun booklet. Plus when i gotbthe car after the service, dun din lumabas yun problem sa steering gearbox.
    D naman puede nagkamali ng bigay ng warranty booklet kasi typewritten yun info sa warranty booklet like engine / chassi number etc... Also naka pentel pen sa front ng booklet yun conduction sticker number.
    So granted nagkamali nga sa booklet, how would i know na talagang d pre-owned yun binigay sa akin?
    The pre-deliver checklist was signed October 2011 and the 1,000 kms check up was made at 435 kms reading on December 2011.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    nung binili mo hindi mo ni check yang warranty booklet?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
How to confirm if the unit I bought is really brand new