New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Slough, February 26, 2003 --- Honda Motor Europe Ltd. announced today that Honda's first diesel engine to be fully developed and built in-house is to make its world debut at this year's Geneva Motor Show. The new 2.2 litre i-CTDi power unit joins Honda's intelligently-controlled i-series family of engines that already includes the i-VTEC and i-DSI range of petrol engines. It will be used to power, among others, the new Honda Accord - to be revealed in diesel form at September's Frankfurt Motor Show - and, at a later date, the Honda CR-V.

Expectations will be high given Honda's engine pedigree, and the company's firm intention was to establish a new benchmark in diesel performance. While development continues, output figures are still provisional but the new i-CTDi engine is expected to produce a power output of over 140 PS and a maximum torque figure of around 340 Nm.

Honda has consistently brought creative thinking and innovative solutions to whichever new area of technology it has chosen to pursue, with its current work in the field of fuel cells being a prime example. While a late entrant into the diesel field, the company nevertheless already gained valuable expertise during the development of the diesel engine powering the current Civic range. And it can, of course, call on vast resources and a depth of knowledge gathered over many years of petrol engine research.

The all-aluminium i-CTDi employs second-generation common-rail technology to provide further advances in fuel efficiency and refinement. It also features a turbocharger and four valves per cylinder. It will fully comply with Euro 4 emissions standards. In short, it will deliver smooth, refined, high performance motoring, matched with frugality and particularly low emissions, perfectly complementing the character of the new Accord range.

Sales of the diesel Accord commence in early 2004.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With regards to the inevitable Honda pick-up, there will be no V8-powered, full frame Honda truck. Honda has decided to leave that to Toyota and now Nissan with its new Titan. Imagine instead a Pilot-based vehicle with a pick-up-truck bed and latest innovative ideas of how to make the bed flexible, and you've got a V6-powered unibody Honda competitor to the Chevrolet Avalanche in showrooms about 2005.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this I got to see!

will it be as good as the common rail technology of Robert Bosch GmBH?

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Holy cow!!! a Honda diesel! if there's any manufacturer that knows its engines, it's Honda. a high-performance, high-efficiency diesel would be perfect for Manila traffic and Manila gas prices (as well as Manila engine-displacement tax schemes) :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya siguro nagdevelop ang honda ng diesel engine kasi sa mahal ng mga gasoline prices sa buong mundo....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's probably because Europeans love diesel engines (even the small cars there are diesel-powered, because of the exorbitant gas prices there) and Honda didn't have such an option on it's cars...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malaking sales ang nawawala sa kanila dahil wala silang diesel option.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lalo ng magiging auv ang crv nyan dito pag kinabitan ng diesel ang crv.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...not if the diesel turns out to be better than some gas engines

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can't wait myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda's Diesel Engine [Merged]