New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    It comes in a 1 liter container similar to the Type I, ATF and power steering fluids. I've tried various ways of attaching the picture but it always errors out at the end of the upload. Here is a link instead.

https://upic.me/i/0z/img_1027.jpg

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Do Honda CASA's allow bringing in of consumables (oils, coolants, etc) to be used for maintenance services even if you buy it from other sources?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Consumables = NO
    Parts = Depends on the dealership. Some casas allow you to use your own parts and charge you only labor but they will not give any warranty on the work.

Talk to your service advisor first.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Do Honda CASA's allow bringing in of consumables (oils, coolants, etc) to be used for maintenance services even if you buy it from other sources?
    Way back several years, I tried that with a jug of Honda FS oil I bought from OLX. The dealer asked me for a receipt of the oil which I was unable to provide. I didn't ask the reason why the receipt was needed other than maybe to use it as basis to compute for the corkage fee.

So I just had the car serviced without changing the oil and later went to a nearby Servitek to have the oil and oil filter changed.

The dealer is Honda SPA along Mindanao Ave.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Consumables = NO
    Parts = Depends on the dealership. Some casas allow you to use your own parts and charge you only labor but they will not give any warranty on the work.

Talk to your service advisor first.
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Way back several years, I tried that with a jug of Honda FS oil I bought from OLX. The dealer asked me for a receipt of the oil which I was unable to provide. I didn't ask the reason why the receipt was needed other than maybe to use it as basis to compute for the corkage fee.

So I just had the car serviced without changing the oil and later went to a nearby Servitek to have the oil and oil filter changed.

The dealer is Honda SPA along Mindanao Ave.
    Ok... thanks for the info!! So there's no way to be able to use type 2 coolant even if we're able to source it from outside. We have to use whatever's available in the dealership.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What exactly is type.2 coolant? Para ba yan organic without silicates?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Honda Type II coolant is what Honda uses for all new cars out of the factory. It is a pre-mixed (50:50) long-life blue coolant that is rated for 100,000 kms or 5 years. It does not have phosphates and silicates that could potentially destroy the water pump and hoses. It also has anti-corrosion additives that are friendly to aluminum. Though I'm not exactly sure what it is composed of...

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Ano ginawaga ninyo pag nabawasan yun coolant?

Anway, planning to have this shipped from US kung wala talagang available dito. Ito ba yun?

https://www.amazon.com/IMC-Motorcom-...oding=UTF8&me=

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    Ano ginawaga ninyo pag nabawasan yun coolant?

Anway, planning to have this shipped from US kung wala talagang available dito. Ito ba yun?

Amazon.com: IMC OL999911: Automotive
    Meron Honda Alabang. P751 price.

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    Meron Honda Alabang. P751 price.
    Ayos. Salamat!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast