New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 188 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow, new thread.

Yes, it's not the car but the attitude that goes with it. A lot of tsikot members will still stop to admire a well-kept, stock SiR and that car has earned it's own right as a classic. But it's already passed it's prime and there are many, many more cars that have taken it's place as the toy for the big boys.

*TS, i do hope you did not get your handle from being a Honda engine fan. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    renzo_d10

why would you assume na mayabang? did somebody driving one offended you?
    pag ba nag overtake sayo sa NLEX SIR mayabang na? pero pag XL corolla or LEC ok lang? knowing na kaya mo silang iwan gamit ang iyong car? hehehe

i think the car speaks for itself... ang problem nasa tumitigin. Eh sa talagang maporma dating ng SIR eh. Stock palang gwapo na tindig.. slightly lowered compared to ordinary civics.. high reving engine hence loud roar..

pano na kung papatulan ng mga my SIR yung mga haters? besides sa giant SUV w/ DID, CRDi, VGT, ABCDEFG nila eh ano pa ang pwede i pang tapat nila sa CIVIC?

one more thing kaya siguro feeling na sila pinaka mabilis eh dahil totoo???
    Just answering this...

There was a time I drove a seriously modded B14 Sentra. Driving it normally along EDSA and minding my own business, I got two "provocations" from two different Civic SiR drivers on the same day. To make the story short, I left them in my dust.

Civic SiR is over-rated. I dont hate the car. I just hate the over-compensating drivers in them (people like you).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 11th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, years ago, my AE111 Corolla A/T with 4AFE turbo leaves Civic SiRs one to two cars behind it at the quarter mile.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 11th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    wow why so angry... taking things to personally. hmmp the topic i think was about a car. Now its about "inggit" my age? dream cars? hmmmmm tinamaan ka ba ng todo? just ignore me if it will make you feel good.
    good night guys! sweet dreams.

- poor/envious/fanboi
    ignore you so i'll feel good?

hey i enjoy reality-checking people

that's what makes me feel good

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    *TS, i do hope you did not get your handle from being a Honda engine fan. :D
    hahahaha

torque-less dapat

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ I didn't know your 4AFE was turbocharged. Hehe. Cool ! And it did run on LPG right ?

Btw honda engine swaps will cost you a testicle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ako rin used to watch illegal drag races before pero i prefer to have a much more comfy car right now. If ever i'd want somethin mayabang it would be the dodge challenger or the 'stangs.
    Back in the day, I also watched the illegal drag races... often cheering the underdog car going up against bigger more powerful cars.

But I have graduated from those days. And why do I want to buy a 12 year old torqueless wonder car? A Sentra with a SR20DE engine under its hood is much faster, more fun and cheaper to setup.

From a sentra sr20 fanboi

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    The problem lies on the drivers, parang ang feeling nila luxury car ang Civic SiR pwera daming sasakyan na modern that can take it's place. They feel like superior, belittling other brands - lalo na pag super modified ang unit. I respect the stock ones, but remember, it's not about the car but it's about the driver.

I would be picking a 1.5 Vios or City for my daily drives than this, honestly. Kasi too much ang Civic SiR nowadays.

And how about Honda fanboys that will get mad if a Honda taxi would be roaming the streets one of these days???

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ I didn't know your 4AFE was turbocharged. Hehe. Cool ! And it did run on LPG right ?
    It was turbocharged for a while. it also blew the engine after a while as well (boost creep).

After the engine was rebuilt... the turbo was removed and sold. A few years later, I had the auto-lpg system installed. Currently, only the exhaust system is the only leftover from its turbo days.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakuha niyo GH and uls, mga nag second childhood mga matatanda ng naka SIR, they were deprived then, never had a car in their teenage years and in their 20s... Pangarap nila then yun SIR kaya nun nakaipon at nakabili na akala nila teenager pa rin sila at early 2000 pa rin

Honda SIR - why ang daming haters?