New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    SIR pa din ako,kung speed siguro lamang na ang FD pero in the near future medyo rare na ang stock na SIR at di na sila nagkakalayo ng presyo ng bagong FD...pero consider mo din yung wear and tear process

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    SIR ako pero kung pwede ka bili ng FD w/o selling your SIR mas okay po.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    double post

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i dunno how long the overall body of that SiR would last kahit na ba imaintain mo ng imaintain ng maigi yan. kumbaga kung ihahantulad sa muka ng isang tao, it still ages deep inside kahit ilang make-up ang ipatong. rare item na rin yang SiR

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    for keeps na yang SIR mo. bring it to a reputable shop like forcespeed/speedyfix and have it check.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    4. upgrade the air intake to free flow (Non noisy type)
    same ba to sa racing filter/intake like K&N, etc?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    loose compression might be the cause of your lack of power. try using a thicker motor oil to help a little bit. also, try replacing your intake (CAI will be good -- KNN)..
    my dad decided to use ordinary oils and change it every 3 months. baka un din ung cause ng pigil ng takbo?

so CAI is better than SRI? mas bibilis sa CAI? pero diba cold air ang kelangan nun? like sa baguio, tagaytay, other cold areas? laguna lang kasi ako e.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpianist View Post
    I currently have Honda SiR but i'm planning to sell and buy Honda FD. is it a good buy? Is FD faster than SiR? how much faster?

what do you think?
    should I sell my SiR or should I mod my SiR and upgrade the speed to the limit?
    or buy FD and mod it?

hard decision here.

my SiR is all stock btw.

In terms of speed of course the FD is faster but a well maintained and fine tuned SiR would give the FD all the horsepower it could handle. If your SiR is all stock keep it that way just make sure to regularly tune up and change the oil. If you really want the upgrade then go for the FD. If you start modifying, you won't run out of ideas on your SiR good luck.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpianist View Post
    my dad decided to use ordinary oils and change it every 3 months. baka un din ung cause ng pigil ng takbo?

so CAI is better than SRI? mas bibilis sa CAI? pero diba cold air ang kelangan nun? like sa baguio, tagaytay, other cold areas? laguna lang kasi ako e.
    Biglaan ba ang pagbago ng batak? If yes, ask your dad what kind of oil that was used when the oil was changed. If the oil is too thick, definitely the engine will have a hard time moving. Hence, the labor and lack of punch. It's like comparing a Honey VS Sugar Solution. Both are sweet, but Honey is thicker hence, it's harder to stir. Compare that with sugar solution, you can stir the sugar solution freely. Got the point?

I am not sure what oil rating should be used for your SiR. Read your manual and see what oil should be used. For my 2011 Si, it is recommended to use 0W-20. My old 2001 Civic uses 5w-20, but since it's already 10 years old, I am using a fully synthetic oil with 5W-30 (thicker than 5W-20). Synthetic oil should last longer than regular one. But for an old car, I will suggest to use Synthetic and a slightly thicker oil, but not too thick.

With regards to CAI, it doesn't need to be in either Baguio or Tagaytay, the nozel is under the bumper cover where it can get a much cooler air compared with the SRI where the air is much hotter because the air it is breathing is already inside the engine bay. But an SRI is also good, will give you at least 2-5 HP gain, if not more.

I hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    what does FD stand for? sorry, no knowledge about Honda vehicles at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda SiR vs Honda FD