New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    *thetabworld - you got PM bro.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    since student ka mas bagay siguro sayo ang SiR para sa porma. to give some idea kung mga magkano ang igagasolina mo if ever SiR kinuha mo, from marilao to quezon ave halos 2 weeks ang full tank, nagaaverage ako ng 9-10 km/l, so around 1,900+ ang less than 2 weeks ang gastos.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008civic View Post
    ########VOTE FOR HONDA CIVIC##########

you can vote for the 2008 Honda Civic as the car of the year, just visit

http://www.autofocus.com.ph/index.php

to vote
    Calling Mods... please ban this guy or put some penalty to him at this website...

He is hi-jacking threads... wala naman kinalaman sa thread ang mga reply niya... robot ba ito?

Para hindi OT... I think VTi 99-00 will suit your needs just fine... di mo naman kailangan power ng SiR... and I don't think you will have time, money, or resources (please don't get an idea I am underestimating you financial prowess) to heavily modify yung engine internals nito to extract the true potential of it anyway. The VTi has the body of the SiR but with a tad less power.

The VTi is quick at the draw as well and rev happy, and top speed (mine, ahem, last Holy Week) is at 196kph, di na kaya ng puso ko. Not bad for 9 year old car na bone stock engine.

This was irresponsible of me I know, and I probably would not repeat it... probably.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Since you stated that you are still a student, get the VTi. Di ka na mabibitin sa power at acceleration nyan. Tipid pa rin sa gas. Yung 97 vtec ko still gives me 10 km/L city driving. I would have recommended the other choice if you are already working and gasoline price is not an issue.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung FC yun habol mo, go with a 99 lxi same look na rin ng sir yan... siyempre pag hataw mode bitin ka diyan, so kung hataw hanap mo sir ka na.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mas ok sana yung Sir wag ka lang ma addict sa speed nito/ pero dahil sabi mo student ka lang ( dependent ka pa sa magulang mo) mag honda city ka nalang tipid pa sa gas mas mura parts mas mura pa sa maintenance since maliit ang engine displacement nito di mo masyadong pinahihirapan magulang mo dahil maliit ang gastos ng kotseng ito, pag nakatapos ka na at may sarili ka nang trabaho tsaka ka kumuha ng high performance car

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jun_mazda View Post
    mas ok sana yung Sir wag ka lang ma addict sa speed nito/ pero dahil sabi mo student ka lang ( dependent ka pa sa magulang mo) mag honda city ka nalang tipid pa sa gas mas mura parts mas mura pa sa maintenance since maliit ang engine displacement nito di mo masyadong pinahihirapan magulang mo dahil maliit ang gastos ng kotseng ito, pag nakatapos ka na at may sarili ka nang trabaho tsaka ka kumuha ng high performance car
    sir AFAIK, mas mahal ang parts ng city compared to the ek SiR. example na lang yung timing belt ng cousin ko na city 99 to my ek lxi 2000... yung sa kanya mas mahal ng 200 petot kesa sa ek ko. also yung shocks ng city mas mahal sa ek.

though mas matipid nga talaga city, its not worth sa maintenance naman... IMO

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    sir AFAIK, mas mahal ang parts ng city compared to the ek SiR. example na lang yung timing belt ng cousin ko na city 99 to my ek lxi 2000... yung sa kanya mas mahal ng 200 petot kesa sa ek ko. also yung shocks ng city mas mahal sa ek.

though mas matipid nga talaga city, its not worth sa maintenance naman... IMO

ganun ba ehh di civic lxi ka nalang,

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Here are some points that you would need to consider since you're a student.

1. Fuel Consumption - Can you afford the SiR's thirst for gasoline. Yes, it is a great kicker but then do you really need it?
    2. Maintenance - A B16 is not as easy as it looks. Timing belts, bearings and gaskets are not cheap. Assuming that you will pay for this and not your folks.
    3. Age of the car - Assuming that you have 400k to burn, why not get a newer city or civic? An ES (Dimension) Vti / Lxi can make wonders when it comes to aesthetics / looks. Also, a 8-9 year old car will always be a 8-9 year old car if you know what I mean. It would be a miracle if you don't fix / change / replace something in 3 months time.

Bottomline, if you can go for a newer car, why not? .02

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post
    Here are some points that you would need to consider since you're a student.

1. Fuel Consumption - Can you afford the SiR's thirst for gasoline. Yes, it is a great kicker but then do you really need it?
    2. Maintenance - A B16 is not as easy as it looks. Timing belts, bearings and gaskets are not cheap. Assuming that you will pay for this and not your folks.
    3. Age of the car - Assuming that you have 400k to burn, why not get a newer city or civic? An ES (Dimension) Vti / Lxi can make wonders when it comes to aesthetics / looks. Also, a 8-9 year old car will always be a 8-9 year old car if you know what I mean. It would be a miracle if you don't fix / change / replace something in 3 months time.

Bottomline, if you can go for a newer car, why not? .02
    +1. As a practical person myself I would also go for the ES. Not the most beautiful Civic but definitely newer and more practical. Meron nga dyang ES Civic VTi going below P400K which is quite good value....

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast