New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Dami naglalabasa subcompact car ngayon tapos ito honda ang dinala odyssey at pilot. Ano target market ba gusto nila makuha? The langaw market?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They brought in the Jazz 1.5 MT. Nilangaw nga, kaya puro 1.5 AT nalang.

The Brio, one can only hope.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    add the Freed and Stream also

Stream

Freed

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Time and time again, different car companies have brought in manual TOTL variants of different models. They have been lackluster models at best. Ford Focus TDCi MT. Honda Civic 2.0 S-L MT. Honda Jazz 1.5V MT.

The car-buying market of the Phlippines is more like the US market, not the Euro market. Automatics are in, manuals are not. The only ones clamoring for manual transmission models are enthusiasts and wannabe racers. More people want an automatic because it's more convenient for them given the awful traffic conditions in the metro.
    Last edited by jut703; June 22nd, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kung di mabenta, e di nabenta. Honda has a very low expectation in selling the van, 40 units per month? That's pushing it too far, i think. If they are targetting the mid-class biyers, they will bring the entry model.

With regards to manual tranny, i second the thought of jut. It is more comvinient for people to drive automatic especially when the traffic is horrible. Moreover, manumatics are now available and are as fun to drive just like sticks - well depending on the car you are driving. I find the 1.5 jazz auto is fun to drive as my Si.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Panget eh [although gwapo yun stream...] Hindi na magiging prestige yo yung Honda pag dinala yan kasi dadami sa kalsada dahil nga affordable. heheheheheh

Mas gusto ko Jazz 1.5MT, never liked ATs in general talaga... ewan di naman ako wannabe racer. Pero yun nga, liit lang ng market so AT dinala.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ^Pwede namang mahilig ka lang talaga mag-drive ng manual, not necessarily to race, but to enjoy the very act of driving. Hard to find automatics that feel as connected to you as manuals are, even with the manumatics and quick-shifting CVTs common today.

I'd like my next car to be a manual for this reason. Bahala na kung masakit sa tuhod sa traffic. May Flanax at Skelan naman haha.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    According to new Honda Cars Philippines president Tatsuya Natsume, the Brio small car that Honda unveiled at the Thailand International Motor Expo late last year, won't be arriving in the Philippines.
    The reason?

"Car-sales numbers in the Philippines are not enough to justify the creation of a left-hand-drive Brio,"
    - Honda Brio not coming to the Philippines - News | TopGear.com.ph

The Brio is RHD-only.
    Last edited by AG4; June 22nd, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Apparently the italicized H brand is more accommodating. No wonder it is the fast growing car brand while Honda is losing the market share.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Nung nakita ko likod ng brio naisip ko hawig sa volvo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
To honda philippines: Dapat brio and jazz 1.5 manual dinala nyo. Lalangawin odyssey