New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    last year nagpapalit ako ng valve cover gasket for my eg at Honda Spa... now ko lang na notice yun part number nun item i bought... Made in China? tama ba yun o mali? here the photo

hindi ba dapat made in Japan?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most cars are made from locally and globally sourced parts.

Nissan Fuel Filters, for example, can be made in Japan or Thailand. Some Ford Expedition parts come from Mexico. Honda Transmissions (for global use) come from the Philippines

It's not surprising that they source parts from China also. As long as you are getting it from a reputable dealer, I don't think it will be fake.

I think Honda also has a line of 'less expensive' genuine parts. Same as Nissan's "Key Value" parts line up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You'd be surprised by the amount of China-made components found in cars today. If everything was made in Japan, supposed econoboxes would probably cost in excess of P1M each.

Suffice to say, there's nothing to worry about if it's genuinely made by Honda. You can expect the same quality as if it was built in Japan. There's still a handfull parts still being manufactured in Japan like electronics and critical components.

If it makes you feel any better, even the "All-American" Harley Davidsons have about 15% of their parts made in Asia. Pissed off a few Americans, in fact. :D

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thank you doc otep and sir oj88 for enlighthening... was just worried asfter sorting it out these part number out of glove box.. among all these authentic parts ive pruchase from honda these is the only one been branded in China.

it worries me as we all knows that most but not all Made in China production are quite inferior of quality and reliabilty compared to branded onces... have a bad experience with these china mades.. first the HID and my back up sensor.. die on me few months of minimal usage.. prompted me to shift to taiwan mades... thanks guys for clarifying

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mercedes Benz seating components Made in Philippines, BMW electrical parts Made in Vietnam, Volvo transmissions Made in Japan. Audi body parts Made in Mexico.

Welcome to the new Reality.
    Last edited by hein; March 21st, 2011 at 04:31 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^ +1 to globalization! hehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    As long as genuine yan, ibig sabihin pumasa sa quality mgt ng parent company, safe yan. And hindi fake ha.

Cost-cutting lang yan. As ^ shared, globalization.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Are Honda Parts made in China?