New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010

Honda Odyssey now available at Honda Cars Kalookan

Honda Odyssey now available at Honda Cars Kalookan - News | TopGear.com.ph

Without any fanfare, the new Honda Odyssey arrived in the Philippine market. The catch is that you can get it only at Honda Cars Kalookan in Caloocan City.

Last weekend, Honda Cars Kalookan sent out an e-mail blast to its clients saying it is exclusively offering the latest-generation Odyssey minivan.

Judging by the photo attached to the e-mail, the Odyssey that Honda Cars Kalookan is selling is a United States-model, which is made in Honda's plant in Lincoln, Alabama. It is a much larger model than the Japanese-market Odyssey sold worldwide and is made in Honda's facility in Sayama, Japan.

In the e-mail, Honda enumerated the important specs of the vehicle, like its 3.5-liter, 248hp V6 engine with variable-cylinder management, a six-speed automatic transmission, 18-inch alloy wheels, three-row side curtain airbags with rollover sensor, a tri-zone automatic climate-control system, and power sliding doors, tailgate and moonroof, to name a few.

Honda Cars Kalookan is selling the Odyssey at P3.5 million.

Is this really something interested buyers can get only at Honda Cars Kalookan? We checked with Honda Cars Philippines and we're expecting an answer within the day.
    Too expensive, much more expensive than the Alphard

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I rather have the Toyota Sienna than this...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Too expensive, much more expensive than the Alphard
    eh kasi honda

sa Pinas -- prestige brand

hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    this doesn't sound good at all...
    3.5m and a van rollin with 18"s? i don't think many people would spend that much luxury for a van 'cause they could already atleast buy 2 high end cars with it -but there's still gonna be some few people who would

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    kasing mahal niya yung mga american vans available here in PH. i guess

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this ??

or

I'd rather get a Hyundai Grand Starex with a DIESEL engine...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may bibili nyan

not everyone is as practical

other people are willing to pay extra for the brand

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    not everyone is as practical
    other people are willing to pay extra for the brand
    I understand it, but actually if there was a diesel engine option for the Odyssey I could even get the willing to buy one...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Actually, HCPI denies the arrival of this van.

Honda Cars Philippines, official distributor of Honda vehicles here, has denied any knowledge of the availability of the 2011 Honda Odyssey that Honda Cars Kalookan announced over the weekend

"Honda Cars Philippines has not introduced nor authorized any party to introduce the new 2011 Odyssey in the Philippine market," said Voltaire Gonzales, Honda Cars Philippines' vehicle sales and corporate communications head, in a statement sent to TopGear.com.ph.

We checked with the dealership and one of its sales associates confirmed that Honda Cars Kalookan has withdrawn its offer of the Odyssey upon the request of Honda Cars Philippines.

"We've been prohibited by Honda Cars Philippines from selling the Odyssey," said the sales associate who requested anonymity.

The sales associate also confirmed that the Odyssey was only consigned to the dealership. The source did not divulge the identity of the consignor.
    Honda Cars Philippines denies any knowledge of Odyssey availability - News | TopGear.com.ph

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Odyssey available in the Philippines???