New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Do you guys think it will be wise to buy an imported a 2002 Honda Odyssey?
    I need something big for the family and I thought this Odyssey is more luxurious than starex, spacegear, and the other minivans. but what is your comment?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_sky
    Do you guys think it will be wise to buy an imported a 2002 Honda Odyssey?
    I need something big for the family and I thought this Odyssey is more luxurious than starex, spacegear, and the other minivans. but what is your comment?

ok lang kung talaga 2002 model odyssey. don't get the 99-00 odyssey kasi yun ang meron problema sa transmission. na fix na ang transmission by 01 by making it 5 speed. btw, mag kano ba? jst curious...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    it's a P 300K
    A/T transmission, the owner give guarantee 6 months, but yea, just curious about the after sales service because it's an imported one, so hard to find parts?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Are you talking about the US version with 3.5 liter v6 vtec ? Matulin, very reliable, naging " Best Minivan " yan dito sa US. Meron pa bang binibenta,? What Auto Company ? Please let me know....thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    it's a JDM not the US version, older model. only 1.6 engine efi

all odys are min of 2.0 non-vtec pgm-fi....2.2L came late, and i want ung ra-5 models(lifted rear roof canopy awd and 6-seaters) with 3.0 pgm-fi v6 5-speed a/t..and frankly, di yan 2000 model i assure you, look mo sa seatbelts, most of these are 94-96 models lang....

ung 2000+ na jdm ody is the newer one with quad lights, dash shifter, not column, 2.2 vtec, and a whopping price range of 600-800 thou!

ok naman, siya, for a wagon, alternative for a crv/ station wagon...nga pala, it is really a wagon, not a minivan...so sa space it cannot par any space gear/hi-ace...

if you want something big, luxurious, and dont mind na converted, i recommend delica spacegear 4wd super/royal(longer wheel-base) exceed....they're almost the same sa price ng ody, pero with a more reliable 4m40 intercooler turbo diesel and mechanism you can found in your local gen 2.5 pajero....or a awd 3.0(1-kz-efi turbo diesel) hi-ace super exceed -limited....mas all options ito kayasa sa 2: hot-cold box with ice maker, TEMS, 7-9 seaters(the others are just 7 max), digital guage (almost the same you can found sa 1.5g vios) all power(steering tilt, telescoping, windows, rear sunroofs, curtains, locking tailgate and sliding doors)..and forgot to mention: it has a water boiler too!

so ganito:

if you want superluxury, good ride, ung hiace super custom limited 4wd
    if you want something in between with good all-road capability and space, space gear 4wd
    kung gusto mo lang i-pamporma, odyssey ka na..

its your choice....basta these are converted units, used, check thorougly...and plese dont treat it as new...kahit local, di ka din naman nakakasiguro, noh?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Meron ako kaso Odyssey EX 2004, 5 speed auto trans. USDM version, yes, these minivans are very reliable at ang power ay very capable with 240hp. Latest trip nga namin about 600 mile journey to and from, 4 adults 2 kids with luggages plus 2 golf bags, nang i drive nga ni utol ay napapa wow siya sabi niya the engine is so smooth, powerful and never lags.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_sky
    it's a JDM not the US version, older model. only 1.6 engine efi
    if it is not the USDM Ody, then forget about it... for that price there are a lot of better alternatives out there.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yeah sure, it's up to you.

Actually, there's a newer model which is codenamed: "RB1".

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Odyssey 2000-04