New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Civic, City, Jazz and CR-V all have SOHC engines. Nothing wrong with that. The L15 is a great engine, albeit with little low-end grunt (typical Honda).
    Diba mas maganda pag dohc?

Edit: so dohc gives more power, sohc gives low end torque. Generally.

Got it now.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I'd suggest that you use a fuel consumption app even during break-in period, so you can also measure the improvement of your FC as your car racks up the kilometers.

If the Ertiga also has average speed figures in its MID, keep note of it per fill up, since even in pure city driving, not all traffic conditions are the same. Your FC at 16 kph average will be significantly lower than at 20 kph average.
    We do not have ave speed with the GL mt variant. Dunno sa glx.

Wonder how.the avanza fares with this

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    My average speed is only 12 - 14kph. :/
    Yan ang full on city drive. Crawling edsa traffic.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Sino ba magpipilit ng premium pricing ng honda? Is it honda philippines? O yung pagimport pa lang from other countries mahal na?
    Unfortunately ang daming fanboys ng honda. Na pag bibili ng sasakyan honda lang titignan
    Aaminin ko once upon a time Honda fanboy din ako pero nawalan ako ng gana sa Honda when they introduced the Civic ES to replace the EK. Yung EK hindi kaya tapatan ng competitors nya during its time, yung ES naman walang binatbat sa Altis na kasabayan nun.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I'd suggest that you use a fuel consumption app even during break-in period, so you can also measure the improvement of your FC as your car racks up the kilometers.

If the Ertiga also has average speed figures in its MID, keep note of it per fill up, since even in pure city driving, not all traffic conditions are the same. Your FC at 16 kph average will be significantly lower than at 20 kph average.
    Will use mycar app.

What do you use?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Diba mas maganda pag dohc?
    Not necessarily. In general, DOHCs are favored because they're more versatile, and are easier to implement variable valve timing with. However, one advantage of SOHC engines is that they are simpler and lighter, and have more torque.

The latter is probably why Honda uses them - since they design their engines to be high-revvers, a SOHC setup means the engine still has enough useable torque at low revs even if much of the power is in the higher end of the rev range. Honda has been using SOHC for its mass market cars since the 90s with the D-series (Civic) and F-series (Accord) engines so they've had a lot of practice maximizing SOHC setups.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by b_9904 View Post
    Will use mycar app.

What do you use?
    I use aCar for Android, and Road Trip for iOS.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    14 kph average is about right if you traverse EDSA during rush hours. That's heavy traffic for you on a daily basis. Your FC will naturally suffer - even the most efficient cars get 0 km/L when stuck in traffic.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    ala boxing ang exchanging thoughts between jut & b_9904 last night buti na lang back to normal na now. may I give my decision if you guys don't mind my saying so. With all due respect to b_9904, jut wins based on his reasoning & data given. sports lang tayo ah. Bro jut, pa cheese burger ka naman... oops sa spiral sofitel na lang kaya mas tipid pa dun, Bwahaha

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Angel's Burger bro para tig isa tayo sa buy 1 take 1 [emoji106]

Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast