New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I just wanted to tell you the very very bad experience that I had from Honda Magallanes. I will start when I bought the car.

- I was actually choosing between Honda Shaw and Honda Magallanes when I was looking for a car. My sales person, Nikki from Honda Magallanes actually tried to expedite the release of the car and in fairness, helped in reducing the interest cost from the car loan. Two days before I bought, a sales rep from Honda Shaw said he can give me free tints and free LTO but since I already agreed with my Honda Magallanes Sales Rep, I decided to stick it out with her.

- I also asked if I can move my sound system from my old car to the new one because I know that Honda has the strictest warranty in the car industry. My Sales Rep said that it will not void my warranty if the Honda techs were the ones who will install it. WRONG. After I got the car on my first 5K check-up they said that if I touch the electronics, my electronics warranty will be voided. Imagine, their guys telling me that even if I bought Mags from them it would still void my warranty? I can only replace them with something that's like for like. WTF?!?!?! Why would I buy the same set of wheels?!?!?!?!

- So I got my car from Honda Magallanes, with free tints and all, pretty much there were no issues until 2 weeks later, my tints had pin-sized bubbles. I called Honda and told them that it needs to be repaired. They agreed, so during the first 5 thousand km, I had it serviced and had the tints replaced. After another week, I told them that the tints still had bubbles. They said that it will go away in five days. More than 6 months later, the tint is still there. I didn't make an issue. I forgot all about it.

- One issue that's been haunting my car is the clutch. Everytime I have periodic maintenance, the clutch needs to be adjusted. They adjust it all the time but the harshness of the clutch keeps coming back. Walang play yung clutch and hindi consistent. No big deal, I can always have it adjusted.

- On the car's 13th month, I went to a gas station to have my tank filled, they couldn't open the gas door. I went to Honda and they said it was the rubber, they will check it first but I have to leave the car the entire day. I told them that I shouldn't worry about it because it was still under warranty, the Honda service rep said that its not yet sure if it is free. I was a little irate but I didn't really show my dissatisfaction since my car will be up for its 20K check-up. I can have this done while my car is being checked.

- On to my 20k checkup. I took the car to Honda Magallanes, the service rep in the number 1 window was actually helpful, he actually squeezed me in and it was a tight day. So I left and came back at around 330pm. The rep said next time na lang yung gas tank, I told him okay lang because I need the car. When I got home after I washed the car and while waxing it, I noticed a small dent. I immediately called Honda and they said they will repair it and schedule it. They said they will call me back. A week later and there was no phone call until I received an SMS asking for feedback for Honda. I called their number 9029304.

- I spoke to a rep named CJ and she was actually very pleasant. I told him all my issues and she said that she will call me back. I told her there was no rush and she can call next week Friday. There was no callback, the next day after the deadline (Saturday), I called up and they didn't actually have any notes on my issues. I told a rep named Fatima that this has to be resolved. I actually told them that I am disappointed and I requested as goodwill that they replace my tints with 3M BC35. She said that she will convey the request. This rep is good since after an hour or two the body repair manager called me back promising to fix the issue on Saturday February 26, 2011. Four days later, the sales rep named Nikki Vibar informed me that the 3M BC35 tint replacement was not approved, I said it was not acceptable. She called back and they said they will only replace it with the same shade. I requested for the manager. Their manager named Cel Co called up to inform me that my request is denied and that they will only replace it with like for like. I surrendered and said that it's okay, I will just have it replaced but I will dedicate some of my time letting the world know what happened. Actually, I wasn't really serious about that since I am a bit lazy, but something pushed me.

- I went there today and lo and behold, my name was not on the board. I wasn't scheduled. I called back CJ and she assisted me. They fixed the clutch but they said they were not sure if they can accommodate fixing the dent. Medjo uminit ulo ko and called CJ, after 10 minutes she called back and said they will repair it. So I waited and then they brought back the car. Wow, they didn't fix the dent and what's worse, there were additional hairline scratches. I also complained that the steering wheel made small faint grating sounds. Get this, they said it was normal and if they adjusted it, my car horns won't work. I am not an engineer but what does the steering have to do with an electronic component? I called back and demanded that someone call me, the service manager said that they would have to repaint the panel and that I would leave the car for two days, I requested for the manager. They said that it is their day off. Can you imagine that? They could fix my car and they added more damage to the car? This after everything that happened.

- The CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER named Brylene P. Romanillos called me back. This was the same manager that didn't call me back when I spoke to the rep named Fatima. I told her that they didn't fix the car and it had additional hairline scratches. I told her it was another inconvenience since I won't be able to use the car for two days. She was indignant and she immediately said that they do not have a service car or a loan car. I told her I didn't want a loan car and I actually am not requesting for one but she kept repeating over and over again, I answered that I wasn't interested. I told her that I forgot about the tint already but because of what happened, I want the tints replaced to my specs. They said no, then the call dropped because she said she had no more batteries and that she will call me on Monday, February 28, 2011.

- Now I do not care about the tints again. I just want to let everyone know that the car I bought is somewhat a lemon. The service is really bad. Avoid the Honda City, avoid Honda Magallanes. Customers should not be treated that way. Avoid the people I spoke with. They do not care about the customer, they are just after the sale.

- There is actually a facebook page regarding bad service from Honda Magallanes. Please feel free to join. Search for hondamagallanessucks*yahoo.com. The VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER is important.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Truth be told: Avoid the Ayala owned Honda dealerships. Honda Makati is one

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    - On the car's 13th month, I went to a gas station to have my tank filled, they couldn't open the gas door. I went to Honda and they said it was the rubber

Mine too was stucked only after few weeks, the service guys(from honda magallanes) have to go to my house to open it because I can't have it filled up and it's near empty. Muntik ko na sila murahin nang singilin ako ng service fee. I insist that this is factory defect, why should I pay them?, nakakahiya na nga sa gas station na a brand new car fresh from casa without a license plate cannot fill up because the fuel lid won't open tapos bayaran mo pa cla.Imagine what will happen if you are driving out of town then this thing happened. baklasin mo pa ung lid. At the casa, they said that it was the fault of the gasoline boy the rubber was lost!!, Di ko na pinatulan, I think they always assume that their costumers will buy whatever trash they say. sana mag post din dito ung naka experience ng problem regarding tha palpak fuel lid, pa recall natin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ What car ba iyan bro? City rin ba?

12.4K:knit:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Yes Honda City

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ What car ba iyan bro? City rin ba?

12.4K:knit:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fredgimed View Post
    - On the car's 13th month, I went to a gas station to have my tank filled, they couldn't open the gas door. I went to Honda and they said it was the rubber

Mine too was stucked only after few weeks, the service guys(from honda magallanes) have to go to my house to open it because I can't have it filled up and it's near empty. Muntik ko na sila murahin nang singilin ako ng service fee. I insist that this is factory defect, why should I pay them?, nakakahiya na nga sa gas station na a brand new car fresh from casa without a license plate cannot fill up because the fuel lid won't open tapos bayaran mo pa cla.Imagine what will happen if you are driving out of town then this thing happened. baklasin mo pa ung lid. At the casa, they said that it was the fault of the gasoline boy the rubber was lost!!, Di ko na pinatulan, I think they always assume that their costumers will buy whatever trash they say. sana mag post din dito ung naka experience ng problem regarding tha palpak fuel lid, pa recall natin.
    Haha! Stupid gas filler problem. My City GM's black rubber pusher thingy also "popped" somewhere. I argued it was a defect, but they insisted it wasn't. Ayun, 700 petot yata gone. A fuel filler isn't supposed to be complicated: tug on a switch, it opens. I don't why Honda's designers insisted on removing the simple cable release. Buti na lang I kept small expired plastic cards... they worked well opening that darn thing for two months.

Never again, Honda. I'm going back to Mitsu after this. Comparing Diamond Valle Verde, Honda Kalookan (before they went downhill too a few years back)/Q Ave with Honda Pasig and Makati, walang-wala sa service yung mga Ayala Honda dealerships. Worst is Pasig, I tell you. Their SAs and service managers blame their contractors! (Bakit kasi kailangan pa may third party, Honda Pasig/all Ayala-owned dealers?)

My rant:
    Tint install is handled by third parties, so no surprise there: lack of clarity as to who's really responsible. I had a bad experience with casa-installed sensors/AVT when my City was released (amateurs forgetting to re-install cables... sheesh ) and they said they had to reschedule something that they themselves screwed up. Hindi man lang isiningit. Haay. The best part? The service queue supervisor simply said, contractor kasi nila yun, not theirs.

I brought my City to other places after that incident, despite Honda Pasig being close to where I work. Having experienced good customer service from (of all places, believe it or not, despite their parent company's problems) Mitsu/Diamond Valle Verde, nainis talaga ako.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yes, Honda Magallanes is to be avoided at all costs.

Especially their SAs.

Note that they rotate their people around their dealerships sometimes, so it's best to avoid all the Ayala owned Honda dealerships.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Casas are normally resistant to replace defective parts.

When an interior plastic trim of my HONDA Civic 07 kept on popping loose, I asked Honda QAve to have it replaced.

The Supervisor who decides whether a part can be replaced under guarantee refused.

I said: "Kung Hapon ang kausap ko, papayag ba sya na ganun ang quality ng Honda?"

He gave in.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Casas are normally resistant to replace defective parts.

When an interior plastic trim of my HONDA Civic 07 kept on popping loose, I asked Honda QAve to have it replaced.

The Supervisor who decides whether a part can be replaced under guarantee refused.

I said: "Kung Hapon ang kausap ko, papayag ba sya na ganun ang quality ng Honda?"

He gave in.
    Nice one bro! Hopefully it teaches them. This is great info for tsikoteers btw.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    bat ganun ang dami honda branches dami complaints? almost all na yata ahh.. dami na nabasa dito sa tsikot ng ganito ahhh... whats happening with Honda?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda magallanes sucks