New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi Is it true Honda cars have lower maintenance cost than other brands? Yan kasi pinagmamalaki nila and thought of getting a honda jazz nalang istead of mitsubishi mirage kasi mas nakakatipid daw sa PMS TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    its because honda does not do the 1k and 5k pms of toyota/mitsu. every 10k kms ang pms ng honda sa casa

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dahil lang every 10k pms kaya nila sinasabi mas matipid pms. mitsubishi every 5k pms.

between mirage and jazz, get the jazz.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ohh ok. Yun lang pala hindi din gaano kalaki difference.

I prefer the jazz over the mirage dahil mas maganda pormahan kaso It's too much to ask from my parents eh ang kailangan ko lang naman car pamasok :D thanks mga sir

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You might want to wait for the Wigo ng Toyota same as mirage. But since its Toyota it should be cheaper to maintain as it probably uses the same parts as a Vios. Every 10tkm yung PMS ng mga sasakyan kung naka synthetic ka na langis, pag plain mineral oil every 5tkm pa rin dapat palitan. I like the Honda mineral oil, siya lang yung 10-30w na nakikita ko, mura pa.

Dont just base the cost on regular PMS, you need to consider how much actual parts cost like suspension parts, tires, alternators, transmission parts, aircon maintenance, etc. PMS is usually just oil, filter, spark plugs, air filters, occasional change of other fluids, checking for loose bolts (if they actually do that every time), parts greasing and/or cleaning and (imho) non-essential flushes. Also, different CASAs within the same brand have different pricing for the same thing. Like some will charge 780/liter of synthetic motor oil while the other will charge 820/liter for the exact same thing.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    You might want to wait for the Wigo ng Toyota same as mirage. But since its Toyota it should be cheaper to maintain as it probably uses the same parts as a Vios. Every 10tkm yung PMS ng mga sasakyan kung naka synthetic ka na langis, pag plain mineral oil every 5tkm pa rin dapat palitan. I like the Honda mineral oil, siya lang yung 10-30w na nakikita ko, mura pa.

Dont just base the cost on regular PMS, you need to consider how much actual parts cost like suspension parts, tires, alternators, transmission parts, aircon maintenance, etc. PMS is usually just oil, filter, spark plugs, air filters, occasional change of other fluids, checking for loose bolts (if they actually do that every time), parts greasing and/or cleaning and (imho) non-essential flushes. Also, different CASAs within the same brand have different pricing for the same thing. Like some will charge 780/liter of synthetic motor oil while the other will charge 820/liter for the exact same thing.
    Thank you sir. Yes will definitely check the wigo but pag new car nakakatakot bumili dahil baka mag recall nanaman maybe after a year

Between mirage and jazz which is cheaper kaya in terms of parts?

Ty sir

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    Thank you sir. Yes will definitely check the wigo but pag new car nakakatakot bumili dahil baka mag recall nanaman maybe after a year

Ty sir

New or not recalls happen, sometimes later in the vehicles life. I think just recently Explorer units were recalled parang 2 or more years na ata yung currently available version.

Generally Honda parts are more expensive than Mitsu or Toyota. Lamang siguro ng Jazz is marami nang parts na nagkalat, i'm not sure sa mirage since i dont know if it has cars that share the same parts. One thing you can do is check the close by parts shops and see who has jazz and mirage parts easily available. Start with bushings and other suspension parts since madalas yun ang pinapalitan every so often.

from my experience mapili din ang Honda sa ATF/cvt fluid, power steering and differential fluid (this last one is not applicable sa non-AWD/4x4 units ng honda). You have to use Honda branded for those items para trouble free ka as much as possible.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post

Ty sir

New or not recalls happen, sometimes later in the vehicles life. I think just recently Explorer units were recalled parang 2 or more years na ata yung currently available version. The mirage was available in other markets i think a few months to a year earlier than the Philippines so its still a safe bet. There was also a recent article about a US crash test where the Jazz scored a moderate rating in the front quarter impact... out of 11 i think the spark scored the best, but still just in the acceptable range. I dont recall if the mirage was also tested.

Generally Honda parts are more expensive than Mitsu or Toyota. Lamang siguro ng Jazz is marami nang parts na nagkalat, i'm not sure sa mirage since i dont know if it has cars that share the same parts. One thing you can do is check the close by parts shops and see who has jazz and mirage parts easily available. Start with bushings and other suspension parts since madalas yun ang pinapalitan every so often.

from my experience mapili din ang Honda sa ATF/cvt fluid, power steering and differential fluid (this last one is not applicable sa non-AWD/4x4 units ng honda). You have to use Honda branded for those items para trouble free ka as much as possible.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post

well it's great that honda philippines isn't forcing everyone to do PMS every 5,000 km. if you get your toyota manual under "normal conditions" the interval is also 10,000

i've had toyotas and hondas and always use mineral oil on them and run them 10,000 between changes because that's what the smart engineers who built the engine recommend. not just the advice of some shade tree mechanic :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The thing with Honda is they classify the Phils maintenance service under "extreme conditions". This 10k PMS by Honda only started with the FB model didn't it? My maintenance sched for my ES still says every 5k, I've actually pushed my oil changes at 6 - 7k kms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda low maintenance cost?