New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I own a civic 2005. I came to Honda Kalookan because according to my regular casa at Quezon Ave, it would take 2 weeks to fix a prob with the steering, pinpointing the prob to the gearbox (they say it needed to be remanufactured at the plant). I sought 2nd opinion from Honda Kalookan and I was told they would just have to replace the hose (which by the way, cost almost 10K!) and it would take about 2 days. So I had that repaired and paid almost 19k for parts and services. When I went home, I noticed that the hood was slightly raised so went back to the casa to have it fixed. After 2 weeks, I encountered a prob with my steering - it made this noise when I turned. Turns out there was a leak! They just put some steering fluid, but the day after, same prob. I went back to Kalookan for a back job (2 days again - I was told, they just needed to align the hose with whatever it was connected to). After 2 weeks, same story, ie, same problem and they aligned the hose etc. In addition, I came home and found a shoe missing (I had a pair). I called their attention and asked about my shoe, talking to 3 people, none of whom returned my call. After another - you guessed it - 2 weeks, the same problem. It was my 3rd backjob!!! They made me pay a lot and they couldn't fix the problem. I go to casa because of the (mistaken) assumption that they know their cars and how to fix any problem of their cars.
    They're not doing anything different and they seem incompetent.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I also had a bad experience with their service before that's why I never went back to that dealership since their service really sucks though they have a very nice lounge.

Stupid me, I left my necklace in the car when I had it serviced and I just noticed that it's already gone when I arrived home. I know that if I am going back, no one could help me solve it. There are lots of workers there and for sure, no one will admit stealing it. That was a very expensive stupidity.

Secondly, In one of my PMS, I clearly told them to check my tire since it's loosing air. After waiting for almost the whole day, I received this paper filled with checked marks. The next day my tire is flat again so I brought it to the vulcanizing shop. To our surprise, the guy pulled this I think 1-1.5 inch nail. I was so amazed on why the dealer didn't see it.

After that, I never went back to that dealer anymore. When it comes to computer box issues or more complicated repairs, I bring it to Honda Fairview. So far I haven't had any problems with them yet.

The lesson that I learned is don't always trust what they tell you in the dealership. At times it makes me think that their workers are trainees. You should find your own and trusted mechanic who is willing to explain everything. Good thing I found this casa like auto shop who keeps my vehicles in tip top shape. At least there, I could see and ask everything what they're doing.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    where is this casa like auto shop?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The name of the shop is Richmond. It's along Congressional Ave.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the recomendation. I bet halos lahat ng casa ganon. i have my first 1000 pms at toyota tqa. even the paper says check the break, i can see through the lounge they didn't.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I suppose dapat ibahin ang pangalan to Honda Kalokohan instead of Kalookan...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ches View Post
    thanks for the recomendation. I bet halos lahat ng casa ganon. i have my first 1000 pms at toyota tqa. even the paper says check the break, i can see through the lounge they didn't.
    I am not surprised. It happened to me again, recently, where I told them to do something but nothing happened to my vehicle. It was the first PMS of my truck and I found it pulling to the right. After 5 hours of waiting, it's still the same and in my receipt it's just change oil and oil filter. The SA told me that it took longer coz they had a wheel alignment, blah blah blah and all that bulls***t, in the end, my truck still has the same problem. If not for the warranty, I could just go to Richmond to have it serviced, but I guess I am left with no choice. To top that off, the lounge of Isuzu Q. Ave is so nasty. It looks like a jail cell. Try visiting their lounge especially on rainy days and you will know what I mean. Sorry if it's out of topic.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I suppose dapat ibahin ang pangalan to Honda Kalokohan instead of Kalookan...
    haha! I totally agree with you, sir. Kalokohan with a capital K... I mean all caps!haha

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    This is a VERY GOOD tip! I think, after all the botched up job at Honda Kalookan, I'll Richmond a visit.

Also on the Honda Kalokohan casa, they don't have a price list of common repairs, unlike in Quezon Ave. I asked how much it would cost to have my bumper re-painted, 1 guy said 5,500, and the next said 4k. Ano yun, PF??? Hindi standard.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    The name of the shop is Richmond. It's along Congressional Ave.
    San malapit yun shop? Anong landmark niya? Malapit ba sa S&R o sa Cherry?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Honda Kalookan - worst casa service!!!!