New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi Tsikot Members,

I have a 2010 Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T and recently my car started to have Jerking Movements on the road, It felt like wild jerking movements everytime the transmission tried to switch gears.

I brought it to a Mechanic to have it fixed and they replaced the Transmission Fluid however the problem still persists.

Anyone who can help me find a more experienced Mechanic who can be trusted?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    why not bring it to Honda Casa.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi RC-V,

I brought it to Honda however they couldn't pinpoint the problem and wanted me to buy a new engine.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blastme33 View Post

I brought it to a Mechanic to have it fixed and they replaced the Transmission Fluid however the problem still persists.

Thanks
    What type of tranny fluid the mechanic used on your Jazz tranny? Did they use the Honda ATF (same ones used by Honda casas)? Honda uses a specific type of ATF that matches their tranny. Some people experienced all sorts of problems and even a broken tranny when they used a different ATF other the Honda ATF. This is one of the not so good things with Honda as they use proprietary fluids on their cars systems - ATF, PSF, CVTF, etc. Unless you use some other fluids that matches their specs based on information from their casa mechanics, there are some risks on using aftermarket fluids on Honda cars.

Since the car is quite young, go seek various opinions from different Honda casa within Metro Manila. I don't think it needs a new engine. If you're in Sucat area, Mel Casaba is a known mechanic who cater to Honda cars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I have a friend who had the same exact problem. Mas wild jerk nya when you step on the gas from complete stop. As it turns out yung nilagay na atf oil is type ii. For cvt's, dapat type iii. Before he did that ang advice din sa kanya is tranny replacement.

Sent from my SC-01E using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Talkin bout shell's atf ah.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi RC-V,

I brought it to Honda however they couldn't pinpoint the problem and wanted me to buy a new engine.

Thanks
    Claim under warranty?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    na-fix ba yung problem after changing the atf oil??? TIA.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    mine, after cvtf flushing and replenish with new honda cvt fluid, the jerking is gone.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jp923 View Post
    I have a friend who had the same exact problem. Mas wild jerk nya when you step on the gas from complete stop. As it turns out yung nilagay na atf oil is type ii. For cvt's, dapat type iii. Before he did that ang advice din sa kanya is tranny replacement.

Hi Tsikot Members,

I have a 2010 Honda Jazz 1.5 A/T and recently my car started to have Jerking Movements on the road, It felt like wild jerking movements everytime the transmission tried to switch gears.

Thanks
    2010 Jazz/City is regular 5 A/T.

Not CVT.

So, this is news (at least to me).....

What's your mileage, bro?

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.9K:thud:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast