New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by wakadus View Post
    I had a very similar dilemna a few weeks back when i was deciding what car to get with the similar price range of 750k-1M.

I even created an excel file that can help me compare easily each car make and brand based on all the features, pricing and x-factors. basically, my excel file reached column W. Thats how much information i was able to get from the website and downloadable brochures.

Sample comparisons:
    Headlight: LED vs. Halogen
    Fog Light: With or Without; LED vs Halogen
    DRL: with or without
    wheel size:
    connectivity: usb, hdmi, etc
    head unit: with navi vs w/o navi
    cruise control:with or without
    hands free call option: yes or no
    keyless entry: yes or no
    push start: yes or no
    airbags: front only vs front and side
    Hill STart/VSA/ABS: yes or no
    rear camera: yes or no
    seat material: fabric or leather
    aircon: auto climate or manual

It all boiled down to specific preferences and what i think are bang for the buck features.

Bottomline:

All car dealers increased their pricing.

Lots of options at this price point:
    chevy spark, sonic, sail and cruze
    suzuki swift, ertiga, jimny
    honda city, mobilio, brv, jazz
    toyota altis G, vios, yaris
    hyundai creta
    mazda 2
    mazda 3 entry level variant

so its either you pick a mid to top of the line small car or an entry level sedan or small suvs in the creta / ecosport/ jimny.

i found out that features wise it was a close battle between mazda and honda.

i decided to get the 2018 Jazz RS because I thought it was bang for the buck. And I have been a happy customer of Honda Makati sales and after-sales wise for a while now which helped me in my decision making. Yes I stayed safe with my decision but I'm sure I will not regret my choice.

I did the same thought process when I got a CRV two years ago. Basically, the mid variant CRV were loaded with features that you only get in much more expensive top of the line variants of other makes.

I am no racer. I just want a comfortable ride with less headaches and enjoying the latest available technology in the market now.

hope this helps.
    To ALL: Thank you so much sa feedbacks and help sa mga newbies like me. All feedbacks are duly noted.

To Wakadus: Wow sir, todo research talaga. Kudos! Yes, I am in this kind of situation right now. Gusto ko lang din ng comfortable ride, hassle-free, fuel efficient and sporty look. Right now, Jazz talaga ko pero everytime na may nakakasalubong ako na Mazda 2 hatch or the sedan tapos yung Soul Red color niya parang mas nagugustuhan ko tuloy bigla. Iba yung dating nung kulay, ngaakit kasi. Hahaha! But as far as I know, Mazda has bad rep sa engines nila and also the resale value. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Any ideas guys?

Thank you!!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    personally, I would have went along with mazda 3 if there's little difference in resale value. the engine is not bad at all.

ended up with pre-facelift jazz vx mainly due to 2 things: resale value and bigger space for rear passengers.

navi HU is overrated in my opinion. mas ok pa rin waze (or maps.me if no data plan).

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    [QUOTE=perfectstranger;2870664]personally, I would have went along with mazda 3 if there's little difference in resale value. the engine is not bad at all.

ended up with pre-facelift jazz vx mainly due to 2 things: resale value and bigger space for rear passengers.

navi HU is overrated in my opinion. mas ok pa rin waze (or maps.me if no data plan).[/QUOTE]

Sir, how much discount and freebies did you get for honda jazz vx 2018? And what car dealer?
    I'm also planning to buy honda jazz vx 2018 this month. Mejo mababa kz mga bigay nila discount compare in the previous year na malaki agd initial discount n binibigay nila..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    pre-facelift so 2017 version nakuha ko. got 55k discount from honda marikina for vx. outgoing na kasi kaya malaki

don't expect to get big discounts on newly released models regardless if facelift or all-new. suwerte na siguro kung bigyan ka ng 10k. i can pm you the contact details of the sales who handled my purchase, who knows he might be able to offer a better package than other dealers.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    [B]
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectstranger View Post
    pre-facelift so 2017 version nakuha ko. got 55k discount from honda marikina for vx. outgoing na kasi kaya malaki

don't expect to get big discounts on newly released models regardless if facelift or all-new. suwerte na siguro kung bigyan ka ng 10k. i can pm you the contact details of the sales who handled my purchase, who knows he might be able to offer a better package than other dealers.
    ..Ok thank you sir, I'm still bargaining with different car dealers..so far 20k p ln cash discount max nbbigay sakin for 2018 model..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    not bad if they are offering 20k. you might be able to haggle more freebies to be included that they don't normally offer such as visor, cargo tray and car cover. the rest standard freebies na tulad ng LTO, matting, free PMS, undercoating, tints, seat cover, etc.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    [B]

..Ok thank you sir, I'm still bargaining with different car dealers..so far 20k p ln cash discount max nbbigay sakin for 2018 model..
    wow! 20k discount for a newly released model is not bad at all!

when i got mine no discount at all. konting freebies lang nakuha ko.

one dealer was offering more freebies if i get the comprehensive insurance in house.

one dealer full windshield tint and a few freebies lang binigay as discount.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectstranger View Post
    personally, I would have went along with mazda 3 if there's little difference in resale value. the engine is not bad at all.

navi HU is overrated in my opinion. mas ok pa rin waze (or maps.me if no data plan).

Question, how does the older pre-facelift jazz (2014-2015-2016) have a bigger space for rear passengers?

Anong meron sa bagong model na nagpaliit ng space sa likod?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    medyo masikip because of the magic seats.. its flexible but its abit narrower..

in any honda showroom. if you try the rear seats of the jazz and the city.. youll find the city to be a bit wider.

i prefer a trunk over a hatch...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; September 17th, 2017 at 03:20 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    medyo masikip because of the magic seats.. its flexible but its abit narrower..

in any honda showroom. if you try the rear seats of the jazz and the city.. youll find the city to be a bit wider.

i prefer a trunk over a hatch...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sorry, I think you got confused. The pre-facelift Jazz also has the magic seats.

Ang tanong ko was anong meron don sa bagong jazz na wala don sa 2016 jazz, that made the new jazz have smaller rear passenger seats.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast