New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hello to all!

Newbie here. Planning to get a Honda Jazz maybe around October this year. Nagdadalawang isip ako kung yung 1.5 V CVT or 1.5 VX NAVI CVT ang kukunin ko. Ano ba difference talaga niya? If ever ba na nag V CVT ako makukuha ko ba sa market yung mga features ng VX NAVI CVT? Please enlighten me. Gusto ko maganda yung 1st car ko kasi. I'm more of a relax, A/T, "feeling " racer type of person hehe! Ano ba maganda gawin?

Thank you!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If you have funds to burn, go with the vx navi. The adds on over the v cvt are not all available on the market or even more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kabute13 View Post
    If you have funds to burn, go with the vx navi. The adds on over the v cvt are not all available on the market or even more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it really worthy for the upgrades? Is there anything else na pwede ko iupgrade for a bnew car?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    There are no paddle shifters on the V the VX has paddle shifters. Cant add those on the aftermarket. And the paddle shifters in a CVT like the Jazz really add a 2nd dimension and new character to the driving experience.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For a small car (Jazz VX Navi) priced at almost 1M, I guess it would be better if you spend a bit more to get a bigger and more powerful car. Most midtrim compacts are now priced around 1M to 1.1M.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    If you can afford the VX Navi, go for it. From the V CVT, you get a lot of useful and
    convenient stuff that's not easy to add:

Paddle Shifters (Not available aftermarket)
    Smart Entry + Push Start (Available aftermarket but not really the same)
    Cruise Control (Cannot be easily added)
    Power Folding Mirrors (Cannot be easily added)
    Door Mirror Turn Light
    16" Wheels (vs. 15")
    Center Console with Armrest
    Slightly Better Audio unit with Navi
    Auto A/C
    Dome Light
    Some interior and exterior trim (Chrome, Vanity Mirror)
    Vehicle Stability Assist (Not available aftermarket)
    Hill Start Assist (Not available aftermarket)
    Camera

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Thank you so much to everyone who shared their thoughts and information regarding my concern.

I have some questions AGAIN:

• Medyo confused ako sa paddle shift, naka A/T kana diba so how does this paddle shift work? Kailangan ba naka S ka or does it work with D din?

For S, what does it really do? Mas malakas consume niya ng gas?

2018 model ang available sa mga Honda cars right or the 2017? Any difference?

Sorry for all this newbie questions and thank you for your patience.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The paddle shift allows you to choose the 'gear' manually. Left paddle for downshift and right paddle for upshift. This allows you to enjoy spirited driving more.

It works in S and D mode. The difference is in S mode, the throttle / accelerator pedal is more aggressive and responsive.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    The paddle shift allows you to choose the 'gear' manually. Left paddle for downshift and right paddle for upshift. This allows you to enjoy spirited driving more.

It works in S and D mode. The difference is in S mode, the throttle / accelerator pedal is more aggressive and responsive.

To add.

S mode, holds the manual shifted gear longer than D Mode.

With D Mode, once you release the pedal, it would automatically or almost instantly recompute the appropriate virtual gear based on your current speed (back to automatic mode).

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I had a very similar dilemna a few weeks back when i was deciding what car to get with the similar price range of 750k-1M.

I even created an excel file that can help me compare easily each car make and brand based on all the features, pricing and x-factors. basically, my excel file reached column W. Thats how much information i was able to get from the website and downloadable brochures.

Sample comparisons:
    Headlight: LED vs. Halogen
    Fog Light: With or Without; LED vs Halogen
    DRL: with or without
    wheel size:
    connectivity: usb, hdmi, etc
    head unit: with navi vs w/o navi
    cruise control:with or without
    hands free call option: yes or no
    keyless entry: yes or no
    push start: yes or no
    airbags: front only vs front and side
    Hill STart/VSA/ABS: yes or no
    rear camera: yes or no
    seat material: fabric or leather
    aircon: auto climate or manual

It all boiled down to specific preferences and what i think are bang for the buck features.

Bottomline:

All car dealers increased their pricing.

Lots of options at this price point:
    chevy spark, sonic, sail and cruze
    suzuki swift, ertiga, jimny
    honda city, mobilio, brv, jazz
    toyota altis G, vios, yaris
    hyundai creta
    mazda 2
    mazda 3 entry level variant

so its either you pick a mid to top of the line small car or an entry level sedan or small suvs in the creta / ecosport/ jimny.

i found out that features wise it was a close battle between mazda and honda.

i decided to get the 2018 Jazz RS because I thought it was bang for the buck. And I have been a happy customer of Honda Makati sales and after-sales wise for a while now which helped me in my decision making. Yes I stayed safe with my decision but I'm sure I will not regret my choice.

I did the same thought process when I got a CRV two years ago. Basically, the mid variant CRV were loaded with features that you only get in much more expensive top of the line variants of other makes.

I am no racer. I just want a comfortable ride with less headaches and enjoying the latest available technology in the market now.

hope this helps.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast