New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Fellow Honda Jazz (2004-2005) Owners,

Meron bang dust and pollen filter ang honda jazz natin? Tiningnan ko kanina sa service manual kung paano tanggalin. Nung gagawin ko na, di ko makita.

Saan ba nakalagay to? Sa manual kasi sa likod ng glove box.

Salamat

robot.sonic

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    although hindi ko pa nakikita sa car ng bro ko nasa likod ng glove box yan. tatanggalin mo pababa yung glove, may parang roller sa gilid ng glovebox, parang pipihitn mo lang paloob yung gilid ng box, tapos parang magcocolapse na siya pababa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Usually color white to sir no?

Wala akong nakitang puting plastic don sa likod e.

Pag makita nyo pakituro sa akin ha.

Tapos pwede ba ivacuum na lang to kung madumi na? sabi kasi sa manual replace very 10K kms ata. Parang di naman kailangan.

salamat

robot.sonic

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mine doesn't.

I just make a DIY A/C filter out of 3M Filtrete and fit it over the air blend flap box behind the glovebox tray.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    *Type 100, 2005 Model din yung oto mo sir no? Paturo naman kung pano maglagay ng ganyan. DIY guide ba. At may pics.

salamat.

robot.sonic

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tinanggal ko na and just left it in recirc mode. Never drove the thing with the windows down anyway. Planning to improvise also with 3M Filtrete.

DIY instructions on how to remove and improve the filter are all over the internet.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    *Type 100, 2005 Model din yung oto mo sir no? Paturo naman kung pano maglagay ng ganyan. DIY guide ba. At may pics.

salamat.

robot.sonic
    2005, yes. I think the later GD Jazzes got the cabinet-type air filter in their blowers; just not 100% sure.

No need for a DIY, it's very easy and it won't take you more than 5 minutes. Pull out the glovebox tray, and look for the air blend flap box on the right side - there's square plastic grating telling you where it is. I cut out a single Filtrete sheet, slightly larger than the grating area, then tape its edges over.

If you fire up the engine and A/C, the action of the blower should suck the Filtrete sheet at the middle but still stay secure. Replace the glovebox tray and you're done.

Replace the Filtrete sheet every two months. Trust me it gets DIRTY.

The main drawback to the DIY Filtrete A/C filter is that it decreases your ultimate blower's output somewhat - I'd say about 15-20% for blower settings 1, 2 and 3- but I think it's a small price to pay for cleaner air. It'll also help keep your A/C system clean longer too.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 25th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Mine doesn't.

I just make a DIY A/C filter out of 3M Filtrete and fit it over the air blend flap box behind the glovebox tray.

ganito ginagawa ko sa Rav4 ko. Nag add din ako ng Aquarium filter na white para dun sa malalaking particles. Very effective siya grabe yung mga duming na fifilter ng 3m magiging color black talaga yung filtrete. Prob ko lang is every 1.5 to 2 months ang palit.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    ganito ginagawa ko sa Rav4 ko. Nag add din ako ng Aquarium filter na white para dun sa malalaking particles. Very effective siya grabe yung mga duming na fifilter ng 3m magiging color black talaga yung filtrete. Prob ko lang is every 1.5 to 2 months ang palit.
    A few questions:
    How dirty does the aquarium filter get?
    How do you fit/mount the aquarium filter material? (I'm assuming it's loose material, kind of like cotton balls - am I wrong?)
    Does your A/C blower strength suffer more with the aquarium filter than with just the Filtrete?

Thanks

+1 on the Filtrete after two months. The particles it gets are all pretty fine. When I remove the sheet and handle it with my bare hands, some of the fine dirt it collects inevitably ends up staining my fingers.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It does not trap dirt as much as the filtrete from white it turns to a grayish color unlike the filtrete that turns black. The The aquarium filter is avalable in sheets about .5 inches thick. I just cut it out to size to fit the Rav's aircon mounting bracket. There is a little difference in the blower stregth but somehow the aquarium filter prolongs the life of the filtrete and it traps the bigger particles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Jazz 2004-2005 Dust and Pollen Filter