New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hi guys! noob here. I just like ask reviews from the experts like you guys. We're planning to buy a Honda Jazz. Can you give us some positive and negative reviews (based on your experience). And I just like to ask coz I got some rumors regarding on AT of Honda Jazz they say that it won't last long. 3-5years sira na daw agad sya and mangloloko daw casa service ng Honda Is't true? Well opinyon ko lang about sa masisira agad, "lahat ng bagay or gamit ay masisira talaga agad kung balahura kang gumamit"

Thanks in advance! :cheers2:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    And I just like to ask coz I got some rumors regarding on AT of Honda Jazz they say that it won't last long. 3-5years sira na daw agad
    Tumpak sir nasagut mo tanung mo \
    , "lahat ng bagay or gamit ay masisira talaga agad kung balahura kang gumamit"
    ok nman feedback ng 1.5v sir marami rin dito sa tsikot naka Jazz matic po

ung akin 1.3 M/T nga lang pero happy ako

Dito sir basabasa po kayo
    CLICK ME

GOODBUY

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    May be the cvt tranny of the jazz gd not the GE.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sir ako balahura ako gumamit, lagi ko pinapaabot ng 6.5k rpm.
    3.5 yrs na GE ko pero wala pa ko nakikitang sira. wait natin maging 5 yrs baka lumabas na.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    yes. GD tranny (CVT) ang nagkakaproblem after some years but this can be prevented by regularly change the CVT Fluid. and this does not apply to the newer Jazz models (GE) since it uses the conventional A/T system.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sabawballs View Post
    yes. GD tranny (CVT) ang nagkakaproblem after some years but this can be prevented by regularly change the CVT Fluid. and this does not apply to the newer Jazz models (GE) since it uses the conventional A/T system.
    sir gaano kadalas ang advisable na pagpalit ng CVT fluid? every ilang months/years/km?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nogi View Post
    sir gaano kadalas ang advisable na pagpalit ng CVT fluid? every ilang months/years/km?
    every year or every 20k siguro..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nogi View Post
    Hi guys! noob here. I just like ask reviews from the experts like you guys. We're planning to buy a Honda Jazz. Can you give us some positive and negative reviews (based on your experience). And I just like to ask coz I got some rumors regarding on AT of Honda Jazz they say that it won't last long. 3-5years sira na daw agad sya and mangloloko daw casa service ng Honda Is't true? Well opinyon ko lang about sa masisira agad, "lahat ng bagay or gamit ay masisira talaga agad kung balahura kang gumamit"

Thanks in advance! :cheers2:
    Dude,

I drive a GE-MMC Honda Jazz 2012 1.5V. So what you plan on getting has been my daily driver for over a year now. Here's a quick honest feedback.
    Pros:
    1. Excellent drive feel with paddle shifters wen u wana feel like taking over the AT. This is fun during the weekends where there's no traffic.
    2. Versatile space. No subcompact or compact car can beat the Jazz in this. I've personally loaded 3 balikbayan boxes no problem!
    3. the 1.5 has good amount of power, great for overtaking n such.
    4. Visibility is good though there is a blind spot on your driver side pillar. traffic or people coming in from that direction might not be seen.
    5. Bodykit is Honda Fit RS (Japan) then u got lots of mods and aftermarket.
    6. very small so getting in between lanes and parking spaces is relatively easy.

Cons:
    1. Most expensive in the subcompact category
    2. the lack of audio controls on the steering wheel is frustrating especially when ur changing stations while driving.
    3. the blind spot i talked about earlier (tho all cars have their own blind spots)
    4. the Honda City has a more premium cockpit feel
    5. No power folding side mirrors WTH except for the Special Edition Jazz from Japan
    6. No leather wrapped Steering WTH except for the Special Edition Jazz from Japan

Overall, I'm very happy with my Jazz. Wouldn't trade it for any other subcompact or compact car. Maybe a Subaru XV but thats a different story.
    if there's a wait list, its definitely worth the wait. I had to wait 5 long months for mine.

As for the problem you mentioned, it was on the 1st Gen (GD) Jazz with CVT. it delivered excellent Fuel Economy but required more attention through the changing of the CVT fluid and regular check ups. The current 2nd Gen (GE) Jazz uses conventional A/T so you won't have to worry about this. Best is to have your car checked atleast once a year for preventive maintenance.

As for Fuel Economy, I get 8 Km/ L in the City due to traffic and I get easy 14-15 km / L on the highway.

I leave you with Botchi Santos of TopGear Phils. words "The Honda Jazz is as close to motoring perfection as the everyday man can get."

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hi sir,

im driving a 2005 honda jazz 1.5 vtec cvt matic tranny aswell, im happy with the car so far based on looks and performance.. also the space. and the drive experience is superb! regarding the cvt, you need to change the fluid with the right one, cvtf from honda. when the car hit 60k dun ko lang napalitan pero before that wala naman ako na experience na masama. since im using the car now, before kasi sa tita ko, i will be more vigilant to change the cvtf and the engine oil to prolong its life.
    so far thumbs up talaga.. great buy!