New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Tsikowteers...

My brother finally bought a car from his first pay check. And it's a 1996 Honda Integra 1.6L A/T!!! Kinis nya...

I don't know anything about the car, but I would like to know if any of you know's how to take care of her. Any special treatment in the engine, special gas(?), rust issues etc. Before I forgot, ano nga pala ang mileage nito? hehehe...

Is it identical to the Civic with regard to the suspension and the engine?

Thanks guys!
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Congratulations

Disclaimer: I'm no guru :p

The DB (sedan)/DC (coupe) Integra your brother has is broadly similar to the EK Civic. They share a lot of things, most notably suspensions (to some extent). Parts for the Integra's suspension shouldn't be too hard to find. EG/EK Civics and DB/DC Integras are commonly seen swapping engines in the tuning community.

That said, I doubt your bro's car is a 1.6L model. Integras of that vintage usually carried 1.8L B18B1 engines, with the top-dog DC2 Integra Type R carrying the high-compression B18C5 unit.

HTHs
    Last edited by Type 100; July 19th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks Type100 (p.s. ano real name mo? PM mo nalang )

I read some articles from wiki and it has been said that a 1.6L model is also available. Could this be the B16? :lol: Wait... I have a picture of the engine bay, can you identify if it was swapped?

Hoping the FC would be reasonable (Gas prices in NZ = 70+ PHP). I haven't seen the car personally since he lives in New Zealand.

Our first Honda was the Jazz... This is probably why we come to love the brand. And now the family owns two!!! :clap1: - La lang... Share kow lang!
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ah, D16 yang makinang yan ah! New Zealand pala...I think that's why the engines are a little different. Sad to say I can't say if it was swapped, NZ Integras might have that engine as stock. The B18s were the primary engines in North America.

As for fuel consumption, a D16-equipped Integra shouldn't fare much worse than an EK Civic. I'd expect to break 9 km/L at least in city driving.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Is this how your brother's car looks like?
    http://www.cars-directory.net/galler...2745405_p.html

Hmmm...upon closer inspection, I have the gnawing feeling the car is actually what's called an "Integra SJ" (Sedan Joyful).

Honda basically took a regular EK, detailed it to look like an Integra, then sold it as the SJ. Strip it to the bones however and it's an EK Civic. No wonder it carries a D15/D16. HTHs.

Best way to make sure which is which is to check the chassis number. If there's an "EK3" anywhere on it, it's an SJ.
    Last edited by Type 100; July 20th, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *Type

Nope. It's not a sedan. And I just got an update, import pala sya from Japan so the 2nd generation release was earlier in Japan compared to the other markets.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DC and DB Integras share the EG chassis. Suspension parts are easily available. if you like DC2R parts those are readily available lalo na jan sa inyo ehehe!

As for engine maintenance, take care of it like you take care of a Honda Civic

taking a look at the pic, hmmm JDM spec integra nga. non smoked headlamps. could be a Ti, Style-S, Super-Style or an Xi-G.
    Last edited by FerioEG9Boi; July 20th, 2008 at 05:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Galing ni Pow! Thanks bro

Di ko lang maintindihan bakit mukhang D16 itong makina? Posible kayang ZC yung makina nito? Yun lang kasi yung alam kong SOHC na makina ng Integra.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pardon me sir for na OT.. but is this converted? Para kasing baligtad ang orientation ng wiper..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FerioEG9Boi View Post
    DC and DB Integras share the EG chassis. Suspension parts are easily available. if you like DC2R parts those are readily available lalo na jan sa inyo ehehe!

As for engine maintenance, take care of it like you take care of a Honda Civic

taking a look at the pic, hmmm JDM spec integra nga. non smoked headlamps. could be a Ti, Style-S, Super-Style or an Xi-G.
    Thanks sir!

Quote Originally Posted by S!mpLy~2CooL4U View Post
    pardon me sir for na OT.. but is this converted? Para kasing baligtad ang orientation ng wiper..
    Sir, imported from Japan sya but the unit is in NZ which is also RHD.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast