New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello,

I would like to share my bad experiences with Honda Global City.. I bought a Honda civic 1.8V just last November. In January alone, I had already gone back 3x for service.

When I got my car, the tint had slash marks on the right side windows and fadings on the driver's side windshield. I was able to have the tint of the side windows changed upon schedule. But for the windshield, I just had it rescheduled as they told me it will take a whole day for it. So when I returned (with an appointment) for the tint change and alignment (my car only ran for 400 kms), I was surprised to know that there was no tinter. So I had it aligned and they rescheduled for the tint. But even after the service alignment, there was still a slight curving to the right. I then decided to have it fixed again together with the tint.. as it was already getting late. When I got back the following week, the tinter was there, which I took as a good sign. BUT... the aligner was not!! However, they said they will see what they can do.. so I left them the car and walked around Serendra for a while. When I came back to have some things dropped off in my car, I jumped in surprise when I opened the door to the backseat! Someone was sleeping there with the radio on... He was sweaty and dirty that he left marks in my car.. he did not even bother cleaning after! To top it all off, when I got my car back.. they still weren't able to fix the alignment problem.. and they FINALLY told me that they are not equipped with an alignment facility...I then have to bring it to Honda Makati instead I can let go of the tint problem as it's minor. I can also let go of the man sleeping in my car.. as he's probably tired.. and Honda can't also do anything about it as they told me that they just outsource the tinter. Fine by me. But going back twice for alignment in a Honda service center with no alignment facility?? I just hope they notified me of this earlier so I did not waste my time.

They told me they would endorse me to Honda Shaw since they have an alignment facility there and it's nearer to my house.

After a month of follow ups, I still don't have a schedule for repair. They gave me various reasons from "signatory endorser on leave", "no news from Honda Shaw" to "alignment facility is being calibrated". Just today, my power window failed.. so I called Honda Global about it and to follow up the impending alignment. They then told me that I might not be able to avail of the alignment warranty as my car has already ran 800kms and the warranty is only up to 500kms! I have to wait again for their endorsement. Frustrating!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    really? no alignment facility? this casa really sucks!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    honda cars makati (owned by the ayala's) which includes global city and pasig really has a poor after sales service. i feel for you pare. read my thread (honda pasig magnanakaw), it's so frustrating. at times, your left with no choice with this bastards!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    casa nga naman...tsk tsk tsk!

nagpapaka-OZ tayo sa auto natin kakaalaga and sa paglilinis. tapos, bababyin lang nila!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Grossly unprofessional!!! have you tried visiting honda cars quezon city? they have been a consistent as dealer of the year awardee. maybe they can do things better there. I bought my 1.8v at honda cars general santos. im very satisfied with their service so far.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa honda SPA along mindanao ave.. Puro service lang well accomodated ka at makikita mo pa ung car mo habang naka service...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    double post...
    Last edited by puroy; February 18th, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    mga mananamantala din ang mga tao dyan sa Honda Fort Bonifacio. Dyan ako nagpa full undercoat, Php6k yata that time tapos bibigay na lang daw sa akin ng Php4k at 3 yrs warranty at anytime pwede daw ulit lagyan ng libre, sabihan ko lang daw sya(SA na nag assist, semi kalbo).

Nung tapos na yung job, walangya, siningil ako sa kotse mismo, yun pala sa bulsa nya mapupunta tapos after ilang months gusto ko ulit palagyan... Hindi daw pwede yun..
    waaaaaaaaaaaaa nakalimutan nya yata mga pinagsasabi nya...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    nakakalungkot naman.. i have friends who have only good words for Honda QC. try to bring the car their. even if malayo sa house mo, mas may chance to have your issue fixed satisfactorily..

my half-brother also had nightmare experiences with Honda Global City before he sold his Gen7 Civic.. multiple trips lagi to fix an issue, and the notorius sleeping/working inside the car na walang something between likod nila and seat cover.. puro tulo ng pawis loob! and to think their cars and parts costs a lot...

hope your pending issues get fixed soon, Mr. TS.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir puroy, yes.. I'm OZ to my car as I'm the one cleaning it. I don't know if it's SOP but they also leave permanent marker marks on the mags and inner door. Weird..

Sir longbow, no I haven't tried it there yet. Only been to Global City. They just called me now telling me I can go to Shaw tom morning. Wish me luck!

Sir jmpet626, do they accept warranties from other Honda branches?

Sir Gen. Miting, I'm not sure if I'm describing it correctly.. but the steering wheel is not centered, it has to be biased to the left. Since they don't have an alignment facility, I don't know what they used to "correct" it during my last two visits. This is the first time I've encountered a brand new car with alignment problems.

Sir tuklot, grabe... dpat ata may written agreement. Now I'm wondering if my 6k undercoat really has a 3-year warranty... Did u file a complain?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Global City Service sucks