New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The "contract" idea is ridiculous.

When you sell a customer a product, you cannot specify what they do with that product afterwards. If the buyer wants to drive it off the cliff, set it on fire or cut it up into little pieces is their problem. You can only void the warranty if the buyer violates the terms of the "contract"... that's all.

Not surprising that someone has finally made a taxi out of the Civic... good engine, lots of space... though the Corolla or the Lancer would be a better taxi (Corolla is softer, Lancer is bigger... and more supple).
    Just curious mga sir, what if someone buys a secondhand fd civic and then converts it into a taxi, is the second owner still covered by the "contract"?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The "contract" idea is ridiculous.

When you sell a customer a product, you cannot specify what they do with that product afterwards. If the buyer wants to drive it off the cliff, set it on fire or cut it up into little pieces is their problem. You can only void the warranty if the buyer violates the terms of the "contract"... that's all.

Not surprising that someone has finally made a taxi out of the Civic... good engine, lots of space... though the Corolla or the Lancer would be a better taxi (Corolla is softer, Lancer is bigger... and more supple).
    I agree that the "contract" idea is ridiculous but it has its purpose. Depende kasi sa product projection na gusto ng manufacturer di ba? As long as may mga taong ayaw bumili ng "taxi" units, or "prestigious" brands daw, di mo maiiwasan ang ganitong restrictions.

Like in Ferrari's case, you can not just walk in with a suitcase full of money and buy a unit. They have to screen you first so as to maintain their brand image din kasi.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    HELL -- YEAH!!! It's about time someone brought Honda's pompous, image-conscious a** down to size. :D

I'm not sure about the two-tone paint and the spoiler, but everything else seems spot-on. :thumbup:

It doesn't look half-bad as a taxi at all; at least you won't be ashamed to be seen in one. Besides, that's going to be one fast cab...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 9th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    awwww how disappointing. wala nang ipagmamalaki ang civic. hehehehe kidding!!!

c'mon, it still is the good car it is. a lot of filipinos still can't afford it. so it's still a status symbol no matter what. malamang paguunahan pa yan ng mga pasahero pag meron dito sa pinas. magpapahuli na lang mga pasahero sa pila para lang masakyan yung civic. hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ganda ng wheels, meyn. Parang OZ Superturismo ah! ;)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    well in other countries they use BMW and Mercedes Benz and other luxury european brands sedans as PUV TAXI...

... tayo lang naman mga pinoy masyadong particular sa ganyan..
    Oo nga, hehe.

Hindi lang pang-taxi. Sa UK, tawag sa BMW 3-series, "rep mobile", dahil sangkatutak ang company cars. But I doubt if private owners give a sh1t.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hang cute!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Honda hype talaga ano?

If I want prestige I'd get myself of these brand:

1. BMW
    2. Merc
    3. Volvo

And yes I won't be complaining on the maintenance cost, now if I want to get myself a daily driver that I can abuse that will be a honda enough to get me from point a to point b. Downside I can afford to be late in that car...

Nasan na yung lotto ticket ko!
    Last edited by CoDer; September 10th, 2008 at 08:05 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    galing naman ng taxi na iyan sa porma

pero myth lang naman iyang kontrata na iyan. any fd buyer can do whatever he wants as long as he's done w/ the payments. iyon nga lang, kung ginamit as public transport iyong kotse, hindi i-honor ang warranty niya if ever masiraan w/in the warranty period.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kala ko sa Pilipinas, sa Taiwan yan so I guess ok lang. Pero kung dito yan I would be shock. But thats one cool taxi, kung dito yan pagaagawan yan

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast