New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    First word should be wow... tsk tsk, even the automotive giant Toyota cannot be too technologically unveiling compared to Honda.

What you see pictured above is the world's first fuel cell-powered car designed from the ground up expressly for that purpose with series production in mind. It's not converted from any existing vehicle like the Chevy Equinox, Toyota Highland and Ford Focus that you can find elsewhere on this site. The Honda FCX Clarity takes the layout and design themes first seen in two years ago in the FCX concept to completion. As we reported earlier this week, the FCX Clarity will be available for lease to retail customers beginning in the summer of 2008.

In the days following the world premiere of the FCX Clarity at the LA Auto Show, Honda invited a select group of journalists to drive a pair of pre-production examples in Santa Monica. As pre-production samples, these two cars are essentially hand built but using production tooling. Some reports have the value of these cars as much as $10,000,000 which may or may not be accurate for the current stage of development, but read on after the break to find out what happens when bloggers take to the PCH and Malibu Canyon in Honda's latest creations.
    Link: Here
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yan talaga forte ng Honda, TECHNOLOGY. They are almost always ahead in that department not only against their Japanese rivals, but even against American and European rivals....

Pero speaking of the FCX Clarity alam ko its not for sale. You could only lease the car for 36 months at $600/month and it runs on purely hydrogen fuel cell meaning no gasoline and purely water emmission. Truly a GREEN car, pero malayo pa ito para maging mass produced since a change infrastructure is needed. There should be abundant hydrogen fuel cell stations for this to work out...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sayang, this would be a great car but come to think of it, even 3 years of zero emissions makes a lot of difference. Imo, if the Middle East is against it, they should be scared of environmentalists, that includes me. Most especially when people are getting aware of the phenomena called Global Warming.

I love Hondas, and I cross my heart! Technology packed with reliability in mind!
    iam3739.com

Honda FCX Clarity