New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen two. Hassle nga dahil converted... but if you can get pricing low enough, then buying the proper parts secondhand, including the dashboard, locally is not a big problem.

Yan yung ayoko sa quickie conversions. Aside from the cut-and-weld procedure, the tack-welding of parts that really shouldn't be... it's the sheer ugliness of the cut-and-bondo dashboards that gets me. You're paying a lot of money for a car where someone glued the dashboard together and covered the cut with painted fiberglass? Eww... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    yung unit po na nakita ko buong dashboard nareplace ng pang-lhd. pati wiper orientation for lhd na din po. that's why it really piqued my interest. pero parang mahal nga po asking * 300k...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by synysterG View Post
    yung unit po na nakita ko buong dashboard nareplace ng pang-lhd. pati wiper orientation for lhd na din po. that's why it really piqued my interest. pero parang mahal nga po asking * 300k...
    binabawi lang niya yung ginastos sir. lugi ka diyan. mas ok na ikaw mismo magconvert para alam mo na tama yung pagkakagawa.

IMO best is local pa rin. sa magiging budget, SiR na talaga. tyaga lang boss.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    binabawi lang niya yung ginastos sir. lugi ka diyan. mas ok na ikaw mismo magconvert para alam mo na tama yung pagkakagawa.

IMO best is local pa rin. sa magiging budget, SiR na talaga. tyaga lang boss.
    mukhang lugi nga. if compared to a similar spec civic lxi which sells for around 170k+, lugi ng 100k+.

you're right, the best pa din ang local. since i'm looking for a project car, SiR would be a good start right? may b16a engine na to start with... good luck to me finding one that hasn't been abused or raced. haha

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Goodluck with the SiR, yes. Most of them are raced, extensively modified or if not SiR's in stock form are usually a tad higher than its modded counterparts.

If you have a deep pocket, starting from an LXi/VTi would be a better pick. With this, you'd be able to choose from the numerous engines that can be swapped in ( like the b16a, b16b, b18c, b20b, k20a etc. ) and usually they come cheaper compared to the SiR's ( 230k vs. 350-400k SiR )

Moreover, it's more fun to start from scratch where you would write everything you'd like to do on a paper & fulfill them one after the other.

Don't worry about engine swaps there are lots of shops that can do a close-to-perfect swap in a very short span of time. H3 Autoworks is one, actually it's at the top of my list since they're already known to produce monster daily-driven Civics.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    thanks for the advice sir. di naman nagmamadali ang project. i also need a daily driver. hahaha. saan po ba located ang H3 autoworks?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Antipolo sir. It may be a bit far but it's worth the trip. ;)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by synysterG View Post
    mukhang lugi nga. if compared to a similar spec civic lxi which sells for around 170k+, lugi ng 100k+.

you're right, the best pa din ang local. since i'm looking for a project car, SiR would be a good start right? may b16a engine na to start with... good luck to me finding one that hasn't been abused or raced. haha
    yeah at least b16 ka na. magandang platform b16 since malakas na siya to begin with. engine swaps are risky, lalo na kung hindi ka experienced with the engine kaya mas ok to get an SiR na outright.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    thanks for sharing your insights. no to converted cars then. napansin ko din na takaw sita sa highway ang mga B plate vehicles. lalo na pag gutom yung naninita...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    One advantage of picking a VTi or LXi is that maraming stock units and more choices for modifying (engine, etc) then voila!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda EK Hatch from Port Irene?