New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'm gonna be on an ecorun this saturday. Any tips on how to drive fuel-efficiently?

What is the ideal cruising RPM?

Ideal cruising speed?

Ideal shifting points?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    saan ang route?

sumali na kami ni carlo dyan. hehehehe talokami

but we did 25+ km/ltr. hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Shift below 2000 rpm. Coast when you can, Coast in-gear when you're slowing to a stop, Coast in neutral when you're going downhill. Keep your tire pressures on the high side, around 35 psi will do, empty everything you don't need from the car, remove rain gutters if you have them (to lessen wind resistance).

Maintain between 50-70 km/h when you can, accelerate very slowly, and try not to stop for anything. Keep your momentum up, and you shouldn't use much.

I think Honda requires you to keep your spare and jack, though.

*Clavel: 25 ba inabot nyo? Yung driver ko naka 23.5 lang... but that was a great lunch, eh?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke
    I'm gonna be on an ecorun this saturday. Any tips on how to drive fuel-efficiently?

What is the ideal cruising RPM?

Ideal cruising speed?

Ideal shifting points?

ideal driving style... burn & coast. Guaranteed to increase fuel milage by at least 20%. Tire pressure at 40psi or whatever is the safe maximum.

note: burn and coast technique is where you accelerate to a certain set speed and then you shift to neutral & turn off your engine. When you reach a certain low speed, you turn the engine back on and accelerate slowly again to your set maximum speed and start again.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 23rd, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Shift below 2000 rpm. Coast when you can, Coast in-gear when you're slowing to a stop, Coast in neutral when you're going downhill. Keep your tire pressures on the high side, around 35 psi will do, empty everything you don't need from the car, remove rain gutters if you have them (to lessen wind resistance).

Maintain between 50-70 km/h when you can, accelerate very slowly, and try not to stop for anything. Keep your momentum up, and you shouldn't use much.

I think Honda requires you to keep your spare and jack, though.

*Clavel: 25 ba inabot nyo? Yung driver ko naka 23.5 lang... but that was a great lunch, eh?

nope. hindi eh. kasi huli na kami dumating kunti na pagkain.

i maintain speed around 40-50km/h change gear around 2000rpm but hindi sya dapat lumagpas.

23.5 is a good mileage na.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    note: burn and coast technique is where you accelerate to a certain set speed and then you shift to neutral & turn off your engine. When you reach a certain low speed, you turn the engine back on and accelerate slowly again to your set maximum speed and start again.
    turn off as in literally shut off your engine? does apply to A/T? sorry I'm kinda confused here

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    turn off as in literally shut off your engine? does apply to A/T? sorry I'm kinda confused here
    yup... literally shutdown the engine. Works best with M/T cars since you can use the kickstart method to restart the engine. With A/T cars, its not recommended but shifting the car to neutral and coasting will still give better results than if the car was left in "D".

Shutting down the engine works best because you dont burn a single drop of fuel when you are coasting with engine off. Of course some A/T trannies might get damaged if coasting was done with engine off because of fluid circulation issues...so... coasting in neural w/ engine idling is the next best option.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 23rd, 2006 at 04:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ano carlo magsabi ka nang technique

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hindi ba masisira a/t tranny nyan?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    hindi ba masisira a/t tranny nyan?
    Depends on the tranny fluid circulation issues... coasting with engine idling is the next best thing. Over-inflated tires will also marginally improve milage (but gives bad ride comfort)...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Honda ecorun this saturday...