New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict
    Jazz/City CVT is da best !!!!!!!!!
    Hi Guys! question: Is it worth it to buy a brand new Honda Jazz VTEC CVT considering that its a 2 years old model (here in the Phils)? I'm afraid na baka biglang maglabas ang honda ng pamalit sa Jazz.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi
    Hi Guys! question: Is it worth it to buy a brand new Honda Jazz VTEC CVT considering that its a 2 years old model (here in the Phils)? I'm afraid na baka biglang maglabas ang honda ng pamalit sa Jazz.
    If you were to base what Honda did in scheduling (timing) the City's facelift (facelift after 2 yrs from first launching), expect the current Jazz to be facelifted by the 2nd half of this year 2006. Some speculated additions include new headlights, bumper (front and rear), paddle shifter on the steering wheel, improved rear suspension (ala City), etc...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    If you were to base what Honda did in scheduling (timing) the City's facelift (facelift after 2 yrs from first launching), expect the current Jazz to be facelifted by the 2nd half of this year 2006. Some speculated additions include new headlights, bumper (front and rear), paddle shifter on the steering wheel, improved rear suspension (ala City), etc...
    Wow! Thanks for the quick reply and info. I guess I'll be waiting na lang for that model.
    BTW: is it from a reliable source or just speculation? sorry medyo makulet. Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Takumi
    Wow! Thanks for the quick reply and info. I guess I'll be waiting na lang for that model.
    BTW: is it from a reliable source or just speculation? sorry medyo makulet. Thanks again.
    Its my own observation and speculation.

Just to give you an idea. The current City was launced in 2003. The 1.5L VTEC engine was added a year later in 2004. The City undergoes a facelift in the second half of 2005.

The current Jazz was launched in 2004. The 1.5L VTEC engine was added a year (2nd half) later in 2005. Therefore it is logical to assume that the Jazz would be faclifted sometime in the 2nd half of 2006 or early 2007 at the very latest.

Btw, the speculated features of the facelifted Jazz are based on features of overseas Jazz that are absent in the Jazz here. None of those are official or final but are very plausible.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Try to visit the Honda Thailand site at www.honda.co.th. I think what's in there is already a facelifted Jazz.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    When i learned the facelifted jazz was already released in Thailand i decided to pull back for 1.5 vtec and wait 'til it introduces here. I assume we have the same model appearance just like they have in Bangkok. But i think it will come after the introduction of the new '06 Civic.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I recently tried the City 1.3 CVT to and from Baguio last week. Aliw pala ang CVT! Having 2nd thoughts about Manuals. haha. Papuntang Baguio, nagamit ko yung manual mode during overtaking. Hindi na kailangan ng buelo, you could get to the other lane, then hit "-" 2 or 3 times to "downshift" and hahatak na. It was quite smooth, dahil hindi mo na kailangan alisin paa mo sa gas. Sa manual transmission, kailangan pa mag rev match para hindi sumubsob pag downshift. On the way down from Baguio naman, you could hit the turns with hard braking tapos "downshift" ulit a couple of times while turning. Nararamdaman yung engine braking and predictable yung deceleration. A lot safer than doing a heel and toe wrongly sa manual trans. Hehe. Linawin ko lang, wala akong kasabay sa daan so pwedeng maglaro. =)

So, either ma-perfect ko yung heel and toe braking or CVT nalang ako palagi. =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I took a Rizal/Laguna Trip from Pasig, Morong, Tanay, Paete, Lumban, Pagsanjan, Cavinti, Liliw, Nagcarlan, Calamba route. Daming winding roads at steep climbs there. The CVT was so smooth and dependable. Even full loaded kami sa Jazz, hatak talaga. 4 adults and 2 kids.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    in the "manual" mode where you shift using the buttons, how long is the delay in between shifts? mitsu's first invecs was horrendous, around 1.5 secs delay...hope this is not the same case with CVT.

was also wondering, how come CVT, which sounds very good based on posts here, is not offered in Accords or CR-Vs, considering the fact that new technology is usually offered first in more upscale models in a product range?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir ano po ung long delay? Do you mean gaano katagal bago pumasok ng gear pag pindot mo ng button?

If that is your question parang manual cya, pasok agad. Pag pindot mo nung 7 speed CVT button bababa agad ung gear for more RPM parang arangkada tapos pag shift mo using +/-, shift din cya agad. It really feels like manual without the worry na baka sumabit ung transmission usually nangyayari kapag kulang tapak sa clutch.

With regards to CVT not being given to Accords or CRVs ang hula ko kc di pa nila mastered ung CVT for bigger and more powerful engines. Nissan pa lang ata nakakagawa nito.
    Last edited by bajumbo; April 20th, 2006 at 09:19 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda CVT