New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Too pricey...At its price, I'd rather get an 86 or BRZ or Genesis Coupe if looking for a toy car. For a more useful car, the price will be better off buying a midsize sedan or CUV.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    IMO, it's better to buy a Veloster, a T86 and a Genesis Coupe than this. You buy a sports coupe simply for the speed and sharp handling, not because of fuel economy.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Aftermarket mods not withstanding....

CR-Z or GT86
    and not considering that they are in the same class?

nevertheless, more would probably go the 86 route... but change the engine of the CRZ with a K20, then that would probably change everything... but of course, you'll end up spending more and doing more work rather than just enjoying the car right after driving it out of the casa

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've heard from some quarters that the CR-Z is actually a fantastic touge toy. Probably not as playful as the 86, though.

I wouldn't consider the Veloster. Same issue... why spend so much more for an Elantra when you could just buy an Elantra? Not unless it's a turbo Veloster, but in that case, you could buy a Genesis for the same money.

And that's the big issue for any "sporting" car in this price range... Hyundai Genesis. With a two liter turbo, a stick shift and Brembo brakes. All the performance car you'll ever need. And if you need more, more power is a chip, a cooler and an exhaust away.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Maganda pero mahal lang talaga. Mapapaisip ka talaga kung 85 or CRZ, prius or ibang car na lang.
    For sure papalitan ng mga honda lovers yang CRZ ng k20 or k24 then turbo na rin.
    Last edited by gearspeed; May 5th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ganda ng looks. Sana naglabas din sila ng non hybrid version, kahit L15A engine man lang to reduce the price to at least 1M. Kaso iniisip yata nila baka maapektuhan sales ng Jazz..

Mga sobra sa pera lang makaka bili nito sa 1.4M - 2.1M price range for an econo car...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    An economy car with a luxury price, Im confused. I thought youre supposed to do more with Less, not do less with more?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'd rather pay for a Civic 2.0L ... why?... Why bother spending a premium of around P500,000 on a "sports coupe" CRZ when you cannot easily modify the car for more power? With a Civic 2.0L, I could just drop in a turbocharger with intercooler and get 50hp right away and it would cost me under P200,000 to have it done properly at a tuner's shop.

You can not do the same with the CRZ.... it might look cool, but as an aftermarket enthusiast, it doesn't tickle me beyond it's looks.

At least it looks better than the Prius... LOL

if your talking about an old civic 2,0(if there is one) it would be worth it(just for the fun of modifying it and the thrill) if it is brand new... say sayonara to your warranty and in my view would not be worth it... 2 sentemos ko lang naman

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    It's a toy, and it is a statement car who are looking to drive hybrid cars. Who says driving a hybrid car needs to be as boring as hell when you can drive a cr-z? Also, it is a prelude to the next NSX - supercar in the form of hybrid.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hope and pray you dont get caught in a flashflood driving this car, I heard the batteries are installed in the floorboards. These things aren't cheap and if ever they get wet, that will be the end of your overhyped, overpriced, Honda City engine powered "sports" car,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast