New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I am not sure if there is an existing thread already regarding this concern. If there is, I'd appreciate it if someone can redirect me to it.

I have a Honda CRV 2008 4WD and it just hit the 50k mark. The thing that I noticed was when I start my car after being parked for more than 8 hours, there is scratching sound for 1-2 sec/s after the engine starts. I am sure that the sound was not produced because of holding the key in ON position even after the engine starts. To check the problem, I tried to off the engine and started it again but the scratching sound was not there anymore. It only happens on cold starts but not all the time. My car runs smooth and there are no problems after starting the car.

Hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Check the belts.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep, check the belts. Sa katagalan, you'll hear it kahit tumatakbo na.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Thanks! I'll have it checked though i searched youtube and the sound is more of scratching a chalk board rather than squealing which is more associated sa belts.. still i'll have it checked...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Nabaha ba ung car? My crv had that problem before, I checked the starter and had it cleaned, puno pala ng putik and rust. ok na sya ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    sir gerome, san po kayo nag pa service ng starter? 2nd gen ba yung crv nyo? sa ilalim ba dinukot yung starter para di na tanggalin yung intake manifold?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Just had my 60km pms at honda quezon ave. I told the staff about the scratching sound and they tried to replicate the sound by turning the engine on and off a few times but they couldn't replicate it. Thus, they told me they couldn't do anything about it unless they hear it, pero parang di naman sila worried about it kasi sobrang seldom lang nangyayari based sa sabi ko. Then they did the PMS and had the engine oil changed as scheduled.

Another thing na nakita is lagi naka on yung SRS light sa dashboard which napansin ko na dati pero di ko lang inintindi. Apparently sabi ng honda staff medyo delikado daw yun kasi baka bigla lumabas yung airbag while i am driving. They tried to check kung faulty wiring or error sa sensor ang problem pero wala sila panscan so they recommended na bumalik ako para tignan talaga kung ano mali. For now, they removed the electric supply to the airbag para di magdeploy. Sabi niya kung module daw sira eh mga around 20k plus para mapalitan or baka yung inflator. Ganun ba talaga yun? Sana faulty wiring lang... plan ko bumalik sa monday

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    sir astroboy, parang same tayo problem sa pag start. Sa umaga, pag start, may parang iba tunog(parang start ng diesel engine). Pero sa maghapon, na on/off, wala naman. Share nyo na lang po kung may development. CRV din ride ko, 2003 A/T 90T KM na mileage.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Ganun ba alfonso

Nandun pa din yung scratching sound paminsan minsan during cold starts but no problem with how the engine runs and how it sounds after start up

did a research sa net and youtube and the problem may be caused by a faulty VTC actuator... kelanga i-replace

How much kaya yun?