New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    does the clutch fluid turn black sometime after putting fresh fluid in? if it does its the black rubber piston thingy in the repair kit rubbing along the walls of the master clutch cylinder, causing some fluid to leak out when pressure is applied to the pedal. i have no idea where the fluid leaks out, but it has happened to me.

you could also have a leak in the line, perhaps a cracked master cylinder.

if you have no obvious leaks, perhaps its just the air being pushed out (being displaced by fluid) slowly, from when you had the top/bottom clutch mechanisms repaired. was the job done correctly (fluid bled, replaced and bled again to ensure no air in the lines)?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *voltscastillo

Thank you for your feedback. No, the fluid doesn't turn black. I replaced the whole assembly of the lower repair kit, including the cylinder. Sabi ng mechanic, he doesn't see any other leak. Yah, probably nga nag fi fill up lang ung fluid ung sa mga air gaps. Also, il probably have the whole clutch line checked pag nagpa change oil ako.

BTW volt, what was the cause baket nagbabawas ung clutch fluid mo before?

Thank you again.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sakin kasi naging parang matigas at "rough" ang clutch pedal feel ko eh. after checking the fluid baka ubos na, i noticed na kulay itim ito. pero puno.

a month after that the dreaded thing happened - lumusot yung clutch, that is to say, pag press ko hindi na bumalik sa taas. checked the fluid sa master sa taas, ubos. put some fluid in, bumalik ng bahagya yung clutch pero lumulusot pa din, had to manually pull out the pedal when i shifted while limping back home.

next morning, mechanic (taga petron lang) checked both the upper and lower clutch mechanisms, ubos na yung fluid ulit and concluded it was the upper clutch, fixable via repair kit or assembly surplus. i went for the repair kit. nung kinalas yung piston thingy, ubos na yung rubber na katabi ng spring that acted like a valve. maganda yung replacement na pinalit, lumambot yung clutch pedal feel, and after 2 years of use yun pa din yung nakalgay. san ka pa, eh 3,500 yung surplus assembly, 350 lang yung kit plus labor na 150 and fluid.

sorry, ang haba, hehe. mas gusto ko na kasi matirikan sa daan due to engine fueling issues/battery going dead than have the clutch give way. up to now i still have trouble understanding how the clutch works as whole kasi (thats why i always buy a/t now, walang mga ganyang problema).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *voltscastillo

thank you sa reply. mura ng mechanic and pyesa mo ah. yah, maganda ang matic, mas relax i drive. kaya lang pag nasa 150k km mileage mag start na mag slip ang clutch ng matic. medyo mabigat nga lang sa bulsa magpalit.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    solved the leak sa clutch, the machanic saw a leak in 1 of the rubber hose and connection ng clutch fluid, so un, nagpalit ako ng rubber hose. ndi na sya nag babawas. also i was told na normal daw na mag engine break ung vehicle pag binitiwan ang gas, mas ramdam lang siguro sa crv kasi mabigat.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Need help. I have acquired 2nd owned CRV 99 model A/T. Before the aquisition nag research ako sa net about the specification. This time medyo na confused ako based sa napapansin ko may ibang klase ng engine from model 95 to 99. Hindi pa lang ako familiar kung anong tawag doon sa may center part ng engine malapit sa area ng break fluid meron akong nakikita is flat type then yung na acquire ko is naka vertical type. Meron naman nagsasabi is may overdrive daw? Saan po ba ito? ALin ppong model ag meron nito?

About the A/T may nakikita ko is ganito (P, R, N, D, 2 & 1) then yung sa akin is (P, R, N, D4, D3, 2 & 1). What is the difference of between these two shiftings?

Most of the time is naka D4 ako for normal driving. According to my research pwede mag shift into these gears (D4 down to D3 > 2 > 1) Please help me. All inputs are very much appreciated. TIA

Soon or later magiging familiar na din ako dito sa auto dahil sa lahat ng info ninyo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it's called the giraffe head intake/swirl chamber. used by the older B20 engine.

the newer B20Z engine for that model uses a flat intake. differences between the two engines are compression ratios, piston head design and +20whp.

D4 will engage the 4th gear in normal driving, D3 only gears 1-3, 2 and 1 will only engage 2nd and 1st. use D3,2,1 during sustained uphill climbing... otherwise just use D4. you cannot use it like a manual transmission.

you car will also have 4wd. have the rear differential fluid replaced, use ATF-Z1.

tranny will use the same fluid as the diff.

power steering uses Honda PS Fluid. people say you can use another brand (they're all priced the same anyhow) but personally, i wouldnt gamble. yung 00 CRV ko nagleak yung power steering mechanism under warranty... buti na lang kasi 43k daw yung bagong assembly nun.

what else? hmmm, you can use bendix brake pads instead of the atrociously priced honda casa pads (5k, one set). but the casa pads do last longer, and are quieter.

take care of the engine cooling system components, as once these break, you will overheat and they are quite expensive to replace. a little preventive maintenace won't hurt.

the engine itself is quite sturdy.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you very much for the information it will help alot.

Hmmmm! therefore yung na aquired ko pala is the older B20 engine type.

Nasa exploring stages pa din ako about this car read on read on sa users manual and familiarity on every specs. Medyo malaki difference lalo na I came from non honda, non power steering, non A/t, non real time 4wd or should I say non SUV autobile experience. LOL

Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Need help. Just recent lang nag park ako sa parking may naririnig ako sa may engine part na parang grinding sounds. Then when I check it nakita ko is sa aux fan blade sa may cooling system. Diba dalawa yung fan yung isa doon maluwag. Pag inikot ko with my hands doon nanggagaling yung grinding sounds. Please help, saan po ba ang cause nito. Need to replace na po ba ang bearing or fan blade or kontin higpit lang ng mga bolt. Hindi ko pa ginagalaw or pinagagalaw just wanted to gather information.

I will be waiting for your kind feedback. Thanks a lot.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bushoTATO View Post
    Need help. Just recent lang nag park ako sa parking may naririnig ako sa may engine part na parang grinding sounds. Then when I check it nakita ko is sa aux fan blade sa may cooling system. Diba dalawa yung fan yung isa doon maluwag. Pag inikot ko with my hands doon nanggagaling yung grinding sounds. Please help, saan po ba ang cause nito. Need to replace na po ba ang bearing or fan blade or kontin higpit lang ng mga bolt. Hindi ko pa ginagalaw or pinagagalaw just wanted to gather information.

I will be waiting for your kind feedback. Thanks a lot.

It might be the aux fan motor, it can be replaced.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda CRV 1999 model