New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    wala bang naka 2.4 na crv jan? anu kaya consumption nun??
    I just got my CRV 2.4L last Sept 26. I brought it to tagaytay 4 days after and fuel consumption is about 5 to 6 kms. Actually I believe other SUVs would really be guzzlers, too.Anyway, my problem with my CRV is different. It is now in the service center since last Saturday, October 14. Actually, every Saturday since I got the car, I have been bringing my car to the casa na. After 3 days of using the car, I noticed that when it reaches about 60 kmph, there is a humming noise that seems to be coming from the back wheels of the vehicle. At first, I thought I was being tailed by a tricycle or motorcycle or that I was driving beside one. After I realized that I am the only vehicle on the road, it worried me that I had to bring it right away to the service center the next day. After road testing it, the service advisor said that it was just the sound of the break pads creating friction since it's still new. They said it will go away after a while. CRV is not my first car and I felt weird then that of all the brand new cars I've bought it was only now that I experience a weird sounding noise in it because of the break pads (i thought then, don't they even quality check this?)So, following their advise that it's safe to drive the car, I went to tagaytay. After a week the sound was still there, after two weeks, the noise seemed to be more noticeable and started to be heard even if your speed is just 50kmph. So I had to bring it back again. After several road testing (you can just imagine my feeling knowing that my new car is being driven and road tested by different people). The casa's evaluation is that the Shark roof rack that's been installed even before the car got out of the casa is the one causing this noise. The rack is a freebie that I was able to haggle during my purchase. I was requesting for another brand then (Thule, actually) but they said Honda only carries the Shark brand.They also said that other CRVs and even other SUVs with roof racks on it have the same problem. I wonder if any other CRV owners there experienced this. I can't quite believe that given a number of SUVs on the road with roof racks installed, most of them would have this noise problem. It's not just a simple, normal Honda car noise. It's really a sound that makes you worry and think that your new SUV has propellers on it.I feel so frustrated that I don't get to enjoy my new car because it has to be in the casa and someone else drives it there for road testing.I wish someone could share their views on this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    wala bang naka 2.4 na crv jan? anu kaya consumption nun??
    I just got my CRV 2.4L last Sept 26. I brought it to tagaytay 4 days after and fuel consumption is about 5 to 6 kms. Actually I believe other SUVs would really be guzzlers, too.Anyway, my problem with my CRV is different. It is now in the service center since last Saturday, October 14. Actually, every Saturday since I got the car, I have been bringing my car to the casa na. After 3 days of using the car, I noticed that when it reaches about 60 kmph, there is a humming noise that seems to be coming from the back wheels of the vehicle. At first, I thought I was being tailed by a tricycle or motorcycle or that I was driving beside one. After I realized that I am the only vehicle on the road, it worried me that I had to bring it right away to the service center the next day. After road testing it, the service advisor said that it was just the sound of the break pads creating friction since it's still new. They said it will go away after a while. CRV is not my first car and I felt weird then that of all the brand new cars I've bought it was only now that I experience a weird sounding noise in it because of the break pads (i thought then, don't they even quality check this?)So, following their advise that it's safe to drive the car, I went to tagaytay. After a week the sound was still there, after two weeks, the noise seemed to be more noticeable and started to be heard even if your speed is just 50kmph. So I had to bring it back again. After several road testing (you can just imagine my feeling knowing that my new car is being driven and road tested by different people). The casa's evaluation is that the Shark roof rack that's been installed even before the car got out of the casa is the one causing this noise. The rack is a freebie that I was able to haggle during my purchase. I was requesting for another brand then (Thule, actually) but they said Honda only carries the Shark brand.They also said that other CRVs and even other SUVs with roof racks on it have the same problem. I wonder if any other CRV owners there experienced this. I can't quite believe that given a number of SUVs on the road with roof racks installed, most of them would have this noise problem. It's not just a simple, normal Honda car noise. It's really a sound that makes you worry and think that your new SUV has propellers on it.I feel so frustrated that I don't get to enjoy my new car because it has to be in the casa and someone else drives it there for road testing.I wish someone could share their views on this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... another Honda PR nightmare in the making?

I had a roof rack in my Rav4 before... a very slight wind noise is only noticeable when am travelling over 100kph. Try removing your roof rack and see if the noise is still there.

Try checking for leaking windows or loose door mouldings too. I was once caught off guard by this, the window is cracked open slightly and created a lot of noise when driving even at a moderate speed.

Though they are quite stupid in saying at first in saying that the brake pads are the cause.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    aww, you know what sometimes I don't feel like talking with the technicians in Honda. I went to Honda Makati before because I heard a "tok" sound under my crv everytime there are not so deep holes and when I downshift from 2nd to 1st gear and the rpm is above 2krpm I also notice the sound. the technician said "Sir, ganun po talaga CRV eh. matagtag.".. ngek! I agree with mazdamazda, try removing your roof rack.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    02crv dec or nov yata??? basta 02 gen2 po ha!
    I dont have any problem's with my crv kahit yung gulong hindi naman maingay eh kng maingay edi lakasan mo volume mo skin ganun wala talaga akong naririnig. I dont have any complains about our crv kahit sa ride wla akong problema kahit sa engine response.
    One more thing try running your crv up to 180-200kph(not recomended unless the road is very very clear) kitang kita kong bumababa ng onti onti yng gas meter .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi! im from tagbilaran city, bohol proud owner of a honda crv 05 is the 05 and 06 all the same??? no problems so far except sa fuel consumptions any tips to lessen fuel cons.?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mmuy View Post
    hi! im from tagbilaran city, bohol proud owner of a honda crv 05 is the 05 and 06 all the same??? no problems so far except sa fuel consumptions any tips to lessen fuel cons.?
    You can easily notice if its the 06 CRV if the tail light is crystallized, bigger mags and new design headlights. is your crv m/t or a/t?

*jasprit: Haha! I will probably focus my eyes on the road rather than the gas meter unless Im not driving.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    add ko lang, yung early gen2 models madali bumigay aircon compressor. During the time I owned it till the day I sold it naka 3 compressors ako (including the one na nakakabit when purchased). And I always replace it with honda orig compressor. Delayed response from the accelerator pedal when starting from standstill. I adjusted the accelerator cable for slack but still delayed parin.and my worse complaint is the road/tire noise, I tried 3 different tires na and ganun parin, lalu na pag cemented roads its terrible.

bka nman defective ung nakuha mong unit, s'min 3rd batch ng '02 pero wla nmang palya ang compressor..and sa acceleration, ok nman ah, wlang delay ung s'min..bilis nga ng take off from full stop eh..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    bro. medyo OT, yung CRV na 2007 9 kms / liter ngayun 2.4 l automatic, pag ba tumatagal tumatakaw sa sa gas ang mga crv ? eto 2007 CRV

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    we have a 2005 CR-V MT 8-pax, wala naman difference sa 2006 CR-V as of now. As for the fuel consumption, we are getting 7km/l from 4-5km/l. We switched from semi-synthetic to fully synthetic and we now use 95RON fuel from caltex chevron.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda CR-V 2006 owners!!!