New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wala bang naka 2.4 na crv jan? anu kaya consumption nun??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yenners81 View Post
    2 gripes though:
    1. the suspension is still a bit jumpy even if I got the 5 seater model. You can feel every small road imperfections especially those asphalt patches and overlays over potholes and cracks. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the factory made a mistake of installing the shocks/springs for the 8 or 10 seater in my car. The ride in our xtrail wins handsdown - except that the xtrail has lots of tire/road noise generated by those Dunlop ST20s. Anyone of you who have ideas on how to soften the ride of the 2006 CRV, please share your thoughts.

2. power - decent during most times, however, when the engine is hot (say you have been running for at least 30 mins, and you have the aircon compressor turned on (try maxing out your temp to coldest), the accelerator pedal feels very very lazy and is very annoying in stop-and-go traffic. Even if you press the pedal almost all the way, you will find the engine rpm climbing very slowly and sluggishly until 2500rpm. Beyond that, that's the only time power comes in. If the a/c compressor goes off, power is back to decent.
    I agree to yenners81, you can feel the difference in the engine when a/c is turned on which is very unlikely compare to 04 crv. I also feel that early shifting between 1st and 2nd gear makes the erratic. But when it reaches above 3k rpm and squeeze it up to 6500rpm, vava-vroom! haha. yenners81, try using V-power. I heard that CRV is kinda choosy when it comes to fuel.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Accdg to motioncars.com 2.4 m/t crv consumes 7.58km/L. I dont think that is city driving, maybe city and highway. =) Here's the link by the way, http://www.motioncars.com/carchart/h..._honda_crv.htm Does anyone know how much is the US version of 06 crv headlight?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    add ko lang, yung early gen2 models madali bumigay aircon compressor. During the time I owned it till the day I sold it naka 3 compressors ako (including the one na nakakabit when purchased). And I always replace it with honda orig compressor. Delayed response from the accelerator pedal when starting from standstill. I adjusted the accelerator cable for slack but still delayed parin.and my worse complaint is the road/tire noise, I tried 3 different tires na and ganun parin, lalu na pag cemented roads its terrible.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    06 CRV is it still a good buy now a days, considering that the new 07 crv will gonna arrive??? post your comment naman about ur CRV, CRV owners... im planning to buy kasi the 06 model... mas maganda ba ang manual tranny, for gas consumption??? thx!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nerner View Post
    06 CRV is it still a good buy now a days, considering that the new 07 crv will gonna arrive??? post your comment naman about ur CRV, CRV owners... im planning to buy kasi the 06 model... mas maganda ba ang manual tranny, for gas consumption??? thx!
    My only comment on the '06 CRV 2wd is that it consumes loads of fuel, esp the automatic. It is also a bit bumpy even if its already configured as a 5 pass. already (softer spring were used instead of the stiffer springs on the 8 pass).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Aircon compressor in traffic and engine sluggishness:

This is a problem that affects many top-of-the-line models with the biggest engines. Due to the tight fit and poor air-circulation in the engine bays, the engines more readily suffer from heat soak.

This is a problem on my Lynx RS, on the Civic 2.0 (after just one dyno run, output decreases... and this is on a stationary dyno with the hood open...) and other similarly jam-packed engines. One of the reasons for the longer nose of the new City is for better cooling and engine power.

Makes you wonder why manufacturers are so obsessed with making smaller and smaller engine bays...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yenners81 View Post

2. power - decent during most times, however, when the engine is hot (say you have been running for at least 30 mins, and you have the aircon compressor turned on (try maxing out your temp to coldest), the accelerator pedal feels very very lazy and is very annoying in stop-and-go traffic. Even if you press the pedal almost all the way, you will find the engine rpm climbing very slowly and sluggishly until 2500rpm. Beyond that, that's the only time power comes in. If the a/c compressor goes off, power is back to decent.

This is it for now. Hope to hear experiences from other CRV owners here.

guys, do you think it will help if we get an aftermarket airfilters like K&N???

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi guys, 05 CRV owner here Gen2.5 (facelifted version),4x2, 2.0 A/T.5 seater, purchased Jun05. Just want to share some observations on my V since my purchase.

Fuel consumption is indeed terible at 5-6 km/l city driving (marikina-pasig). Torque of the K20 engine is really bad compared to other engines esp noticeable in A/T transmission. M/T will give a better mileage by 2-3 km/ltr. But I like A/T since I had it, very comfortable esp for city driving/traffic. I will never go back to M/T. That's the reason why I bought a car, for convenience and comfort, to reduce stress from work na din.

Delayed/lag on the stop and go (w/ A/C on) is irritating, very delayed response unless the VTEC activates already between 2,000 to 3,000 rpm (wow you can feel the VTEC response). To address this, I shifted from unleaded to higher octane fuel (now Blaze). Very noticeable improvement. I haven't tried the V power (mas mahal kasi) but I guess this will give much improvement on your combustion response. If you really want to get the best response, change your stock air cleaner filter plus headers, exhaust system, etc. I dont want to change lang because of the warranty.

Ride is much much better than the 8 seater version because of the softer springs (ok na din for an SUV but not comparable to ride of a car sedan). Try softer springs from aftermarket parts.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    CRV really is a heavy gas drinker depending on how you drive. I used to shift gears every 3000rpm, but when my friend told me to shift every 2000rpm it gives me a better mileage. V-Power and Blaze are really good in CRV. I use Gold Techron before and then change to VPower. CRV is much comfortable with the VPower though they have a same octane. =) Im planning to buy a K&N filter, so that I don't need to change filter from time to time.
    *nerner: If you want to relax and feel comfortable when your driving, go for a/t else m/t if you want something to play anytime. =) Off course m/t is more fuel efficient than a/t but the difference is not that big.
    *jgm818: Well, i thought im the only one experiencing the negative side of this machine. hehe. My friend's CRV is early 04 model, and believe me eventhough the engine is the same, his CRV can kick mine out of the track.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda CR-V 2006 owners!!!