New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    We have a 3 weeks old red 06 CRV A/T, 8P , yup I think it only does 6KM / liter.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *progen. The diff is i have m/t and i get 6km/L. I guess it depends on how you drive and route that your are driving. Hehe. I hope i can get 8km/L this time. =) ok ba yung Wireless Tire Pressure Monitor?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok ba yung Wireless Tire Pressure Monitor?
    I check TP regularly (I just keep the gauge in the glove box) so a costly tire pressure monitoring system is pretty worthless to me.

TP monitors are most useful when you are using runflat tires because you cannot see if the tire has lost pressure just by looking at it (runflat tires maintain their shape).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    *progen. The diff is i have m/t and i get 6km/L. I guess it depends on how you drive and route that your are driving. Hehe. I hope i can get 8km/L this time. =) ok ba yung Wireless Tire Pressure Monitor?
    Ha? meron ba nun? Ours is only a 2.0 eh, the wifey will be the one using it most of the time

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    am getting 8 to 11km
    2WD 03 CRV
    Tyre pressure * 30psi
    using unleaded

Pretty good for a 2.0 liter heavy machinery

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Grabe palang lumaklak ang CRV.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good for you then if you're getting 8-11km/L. woohoo! lol. :D I only get 8.42km/L city driving.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pag sinabi bang 06 CRV, 2.4L ba? or may 2.0L pa rin? same ba ang engine ng 1st gen & 2nd gen CRV?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    There are 2.0L and 2.4L CRV variants the last time I checked.

Anyway, I have a black 2.0 a/t purchased last Feb 2006. Fuel consumption in purely city driving is around 6km/L. I'm generally happy with the car - with the silent engine, nice ergonomics, quiet ride, and huge space.

2 gripes though:
    1. the suspension is still a bit jumpy even if I got the 5 seater model. You can feel every small road imperfections especially those asphalt patches and overlays over potholes and cracks. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the factory made a mistake of installing the shocks/springs for the 8 or 10 seater in my car. The ride in our xtrail wins handsdown - except that the xtrail has lots of tire/road noise generated by those Dunlop ST20s. Anyone of you who have ideas on how to soften the ride of the 2006 CRV, please share your thoughts.

2. power - decent during most times, however, when the engine is hot (say you have been running for at least 30 mins, and you have the aircon compressor turned on (try maxing out your temp to coldest), the accelerator pedal feels very very lazy and is very annoying in stop-and-go traffic. Even if you press the pedal almost all the way, you will find the engine rpm climbing very slowly and sluggishly until 2500rpm. Beyond that, that's the only time power comes in. If the a/c compressor goes off, power is back to decent.

This is it for now. Hope to hear experiences from other CRV owners here.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    06 models may 2.0 & 2.4 i-vtec engines (both are heavy gas drinkers) gen 1 crv has no i-vtec yet. Gen2 '02 a/t model ko gets 4.5km/liter city and 10km/liter highway. Kung purely city driving ka and matic crv mo be prepared to shell out a lot for gas or better if you own a gas station.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda CR-V 2006 owners!!!