New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    251
    #1
    honda civic a/t 99 vti

    problema overheat,
    na top overhaul na napalitan na ng mga hose thermo switch, thermostat, overhaul ng radiator, palit narin ang rad fan. naglagay narin ng coolant.

    pero taas parin ng po118 ang truoble high voltage sa thermos switch.

    ask ko lang kung may ng poprogram ba ng ecu na wala pwedeng controlin yung kun saan pwede heat degrees ay mag oo na yung thermo switch?

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    125
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunter1980 View Post
    honda civic a/t 99 vti

    problema overheat,
    na top overhaul na napalitan na ng mga hose thermo switch, thermostat, overhaul ng radiator, palit narin ang rad fan. naglagay narin ng coolant.

    pero taas parin ng po118 ang truoble high voltage sa thermos switch.

    ask ko lang kung may ng poprogram ba ng ecu na wala pwedeng controlin yung kun saan pwede heat degrees ay mag oo na yung thermo switch?
    dtc P0118 is for the engine coolant temperature sensor not the thermoswitch. P0118 is for high temperature reading too high. check the connector to the ECT sensor for a reference voltage of 5 volts on one wire and check the resistance on the ground wire for the sensor. your cooling system might need to be bled

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    251
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by miso_honi View Post
    dtc P0118 is for the engine coolant temperature sensor not the thermoswitch. P0118 is for high temperature reading too high. check the connector to the ECT sensor for a reference voltage of 5 volts on one wire and check the resistance on the ground wire for the sensor. your cooling system might need to be bled
    5 volts on DC right?
    your cooling system might need to be bled? what do you mean sir?

  4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    125
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunter1980 View Post
    5 volts on DC right?
    your cooling system might need to be bled? what do you mean sir?



    you car's electronics runs on DC, yes that is 5 volts DC provided for by the PCM to the sensors. by bleeding the cooling system means ridding the engine, radiator and heater core of air pockets. the sensor might not be in touch with the coolant and is taking the metal temperature of the cylinder head

  5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    #5
    sir ask ko lng po tinanggalan nyo po b ng thermostat.? check nyo n lng po kung meron o wala kc pag wala po ung thermostat lalo lng po mag over heat ang car... nakalagay po un sa return...

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    317
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunter1980 View Post
    honda civic a/t 99 vti

    problema overheat,
    na top overhaul na napalitan na ng mga hose thermo switch, thermostat, overhaul ng radiator, palit narin ang rad fan. naglagay narin ng coolant.

    pero taas parin ng po118 ang truoble high voltage sa thermos switch.

    ask ko lang kung may ng poprogram ba ng ecu na wala pwedeng controlin yung kun saan pwede heat degrees ay mag oo na yung thermo switch?
    i hate to say it, but you missed the water pump. if everything else were replaced, the other main player for cooling the engine is the water pump. with a broken wp, the coolant will not circulate, hence the engine over heats.

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    251
    #7
    na check narn namin yung water pump bou naman at walang tama sa ngipin.
    yes sa thermostat dati wala ngayon nilagyan narin namin.
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    i hate to say it, but you missed the water pump. if everything else were replaced, the other main player for cooling the engine is the water pump. with a broken wp, the coolant will not circulate, hence the engine over heats.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,010
    #8
    as from the first post, the cylinder head had been removed and serviced, thermostat replaced, thermoswitch replaced, radiator fan replaced, etc. have you checked the engine vacuum at idle? if the engine vacuum is lower than 17 inches of mercury (17-21 inHg for stock camshaft, normally aspirated engine), then there is a leak supplying false air to the engine and making the air fuel mixture lean and raising the combustion temperature. if you see in a scan tool if the oxygen sensor output is pegged lower than 450 millivolts for extended period of time, this is a confirmation that there is a vacuum leak. the vacuum gauge most of the time also tells if the ignition timing is too advanced. both over advanced ignition timing and vacuum leak are causes for engine overheat

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    317
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehunter1980 View Post
    na check narn namin yung water pump bou naman at walang tama sa ngipin.
    yes sa thermostat dati wala ngayon nilagyan narin namin.
    is the water pump actually running to recirculate the water? it is not necessarily true that the water pump to be leaking water to say it is broken. it might not have dings or pin holes, it might not be functioning as it should be.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    317
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    as from the first post, the cylinder head had been removed and serviced, thermostat replaced, thermoswitch replaced, radiator fan replaced, etc. have you checked the engine vacuum at idle? if the engine vacuum is lower than 17 inches of mercury (17-21 inHg for stock camshaft, normally aspirated engine), then there is a leak supplying false air to the engine and making the air fuel mixture lean and raising the combustion temperature. if you see in a scan tool if the oxygen sensor output is pegged lower than 450 millivolts for extended period of time, this is a confirmation that there is a vacuum leak. the vacuum gauge most of the time also tells if the ignition timing is too advanced. both over advanced ignition timing and vacuum leak are causes for engine overheat
    if this happens, shouldn't the check engine light up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda civic vti a/t problema sa thermo switch....