New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hello, folks!

Someone is selling a Honda Civic 1996 model, pero surplus. Ano ibig sabihin ng surplus na Civic?

Is this a bad deal?

http://www.davaosale.com/phpBB2/view...?f=30&t=171682

Thanks for any info!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This probably came from Japan. Notice the direction of the windshield wipers. I'd rather get a local second-hand Civic. Less trouble for about the same price.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    From the looks of it sa picture, mukhang converted nga, baliktad kasi yung wiper nya which is the right setting kapag RHD ang sasakyan, honestly hindi ko bibilhin yan for 170k, dagdag na lang siguro ako then just get a local unit para orig na LHD.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Surplus, a certain vehicle that was imported here by a certain country.

Well, by looking at the wipers itself, you could say that it is really a surplus unit.

If you're going to ask me, i'd rather not buy it and scout for a local unit....yes, it is more expensive but heck it is better - Original LHD -

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The owner texted that indeed its RHD-LHD converted. Is this inherently unsafe?

Just out of curiousity, same parts lang ba ang surplus with local versions?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Waste of money, you can get a local one for just about 30K more.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    It seems like it.

Surplus = Headache

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i have a surplus ek sedan '97 model. it has non vtec d15b motor. i have no problem with the motor so far. the fins inside the radiator still looks new when i replaced its coolant. the mechanic told me that the motor was well taken care when he opened the valve cover during valve tappet adjustment and change of belts and seals. no sludge or whatsoever on the valves and it idles like a brandnew car. i was just lucky that its previous japs owner took care of the ride. hehe.. a second hand car still a second hand. mapa imported man yan o local. what is important is to check the car carefully before buying it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    D15B-- walang problema sa piyesa? same lang local and surplus?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Somethings to look out for:

-RHD windshield wipers
    -RHD wing mirrors
    -RHD headlights

If the steering wheel has been moved, check if the car steers left lock to right lock in the same amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic surplus: bad?