New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    my mom's planning on buying a car, nasuggest ko honda civic im not much into cars pero nabasa ko ata dati na ung pedals ng civic eh malalim my mom's only what? 5ft para ngang kasing laki nya lng si pres. arroyo. gs2 ko lng malaman opinion nu kng ok ba s kanya ung civic paadjust n lng peds o mag mitsubishi nlng xa or toyota since mas maliit cockpit nun?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrx View Post
    my mom's planning on buying a car, nasuggest ko honda civic im not much into cars pero nabasa ko ata dati na ung pedals ng civic eh malalim my mom's only what? 5ft para ngang kasing laki nya lng si pres. arroyo. gs2 ko lng malaman opinion nu kng ok ba s kanya ung civic paadjust n lng peds o mag mitsubishi nlng xa or toyota since mas maliit cockpit nun?
    If pedal's the only problem I don't think she'll have any problem for that matter. 5ft. is good enough to reach it. Believe me, our beloved President is way smaller. I've met her several times na and personally and no offense nasa 4'8" something lang ata sya. Anyways, if it's a brand new car, meron namang adjuster yan (electronic and some dial-types) sa upuan in case na gusto nyang babaan for her own comfort. Most new model cars also have adjustable steering wheels. Either way, you're better off letting her test-drive whatever you/she wants to test-drive, see if driving it is a breeze for her, then that's when it's best to decide.

Btw, welcome to Tsikot.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    If she likes it why not. My wife drives an Audi and sometimes using my Accord and she's only 4' 10". Go for it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the civic is sporty, crv is more sophisticated for moms...watabout the jazz?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, the kia carens is a better mom-mobile.
    pero its her choice, ika nga..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm not going to offer any alternatives, I'll just answer your question.

The FD Civic has driver's seat height adjustment and a steering wheel that adjusts for rake (tilt). It'll take a few minutes of adjustment, but I don't think your mom will have any problems reaching the controls.

The bigger concern is how your mom will cope with how big the Civic feels to drive. The footwell and pedals may not be deep, but the dashboard and windshield certainly are. I'm 5'8", and one of my complaints with FDs is how tough it can be to judge your distance from other objects while inside---especially because my daily driver is a Jazz.

I suggest you take your mom out for a test drive.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I owned a Civic but I won't recommend this to your mom because of its power and sporty features. It's just a waste of money for a piece of machine that will probably overwhelm your mom.

Ofcourse, If your mom is a sporty type or into drag racing then Civic is the right choice for your mom.

I recommend smaller cars like vios, city or jazz for your mom.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ofcourse, If your mom is a sporty type or into drag racing then Civic is the right choice for your mom.
    I don't know about that.

My mom doesn't fit any of your stereotypes but she's just as happy driving her FD Civic. None of my aunts and uncles fit the description either, yet two of them also drive FDs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    bagay ang civic for moms...bagal kasi eh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tnx for all the feedback guys.. well hmmm., well its kindda sporty isnt. dont know bout her choice she just seems to like the look of the civic.. i think it is best to let her testdrive it...
    so pedals are not much of concern but shed be into deep in the seats to see the road accurately.. hmm that would be a problem right... my moms kindda "sige pede na yan type" iwas conversation person. i just dont want her to regret what we bought. jazz would be a nice choice but i bet she wouldn't spend that much for it. to be exact the only civic model i could fit into her 180-200k budget is a used hatch/esi bout 93-96 model so NO B/N for her.. ^^, kaya na nasa tsikot ako ngaun baka may makita rin ako dito. she would be driving alone most of the time, wala naman syang sinusundo samin magkakapatid and the compartment of the hatch will fit most of her groceries and shed looked lyk a cool mom too ahaha! "well thats what i thought when i said GO GET a hatchback"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
is honda civic the right choice for mom?