New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si Juno di ba?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    madami naman siguro dito naka Honda LXi din.

Kung wala ok lang.

hehehehe.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For me its the 04 civic. i love the new face lift, optitron gauges, and simple but quality features. and you cant go wrong with its economical vtec3 engine. its reliable and fuel efficient. well its really up to you. If you want ur car to be "matipid" yet fun to drive, go with the civic. If you want it fast, go wit the RS. its ur choice;)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For me its the 04 civic. i love the new face lift, optitron gauges, and simple but quality features. and you cant go wrong with its economical vtec3 engine. its reliable and fuel efficient. well its really up to you. If you want ur car to be "matipid" yet fun to drive, go with the civic. If you want it fast, go wit the RS. its ur choice;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best buy?

in my opinion that would be the Ford Lynx Ghia. prices start for as low as P667,000 (fabric, manual tranny), just add a little bit more if you want leather seats or an A/T. the similar spec (safety / features) Honda Civic VTI-S starts at P780,000 for comparison.

heck, even my favorite Mazda3 (in any variant) couldn't even compare to the Lynx Ghia when it comes to being the best bang for the buck.

but it all depends on your priorities. though if you want to be a different - go for the Mazda3 (though I'd try targetting for the 2.0L engine). if you want something that's fast - then there's the Lynx RS. if you want high resale value - then go for the Altis or Civic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The RS is not extremely thirsty... but don't expect the same mileage as the Civic 2.0, the Altis 1.8, the Sentra 1.8 or the Mazda 3 2.0 R, as these are newer, more efficient engines. The RS is not a gas guzzler, though, and returns better mileage than older 1.6 automatics. It won't kill you to gas it up... unless you use all the power all the time... it's best to drive it like a diesel... shift low in the rev band... and it'll still accelerate well.

The Civic does look bland nowadays, but you can't beat the reliability of Honda / Toyota... and therein lies the problem of the new Civic... it's TOO MUCH like an Altis... same formula... stable car, frugal, boring looks and good reliability...

But the Civic's a good car... medyo mahal nga lang sya, at mahal ang piyesa.

By the way... if you're concerned with mileage and bang-for-buck, the Jazz would be a good buy. It has better interior space and cargo space than a Civic, while returning great fuel economy at reasonable power.

Forget the idea that you're buying a smaller engine for more... as an overall package, the Jazz works... and it's 10x as pogi as the Civic (which needs a makeover... quickly...)
    Last edited by niky; September 10th, 2004 at 02:50 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    yup, si Juno president ngayon ng HCP

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The 2004Civic is perfectly fine car, but if I were to purchase one, maybe i'll have to wait a few months for the next generation civic which will become visible by December2004 or January2005.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    feeling ko mga 2Q-3Q 2005 pa lalabas ang all new civic eh. usually, 4-5 years ang car life ng mga honda cars eh.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mahirap magjoin sa hcp eh. they have EBs every Saturday. I have work on saturdays eh. i really want to attend pero di kaya. sana gawing sunday.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda Civic Gen7 [Merged]