New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Share ko Lang po horror story ko when i bought my 2nd hand honda sa isang buy and sell somewhere near a school in evangelista. I roamed around the place and finally settled in this place, the guy was good in talking and saying nice thing about the car and mura na daw un..since i was really looking for a honda esi singkit and only in that place meron (plan to mod it kasi e)so i deposited 5k for it and say that i can claim it after a week so they can clean it up and finish it. Week after i returned hoping to drive it out only to find out that the papers are not complete yet..since im TOO far from the place i asked them if there is someway we can expedite it so i can drive it home that afternoon. Sabi nila ung CR nalang daw ang wala but inaasikaso na nung former owner so they say it would only be a couple of day i could drive it daw na since narehistro na and may deed of sale na from them..too follow day cr once they receive it. Trusting they would have it i paid 155k(partial then full payment after all papers are complete). Months past no papers..only to find out na change engine pala sya and that was causing the delay...nawala receipt nung engine thus hindi pa napalitan sa LTO. Again after a month naproduce din(with my constant pangungulit and inaway ko na ung kausap ko sa evangelista) nag ka bayaran na and naibigay na sa akin papers, tutulungan nalang daw ako nung former ahente nung car to facilitate the confirmation of engine again only to find out na di lang pala receipt ang kailangan for Lto confirmation. In short i have a car with diff engine as reflected in the 2009 OR. Lesson here mga ka brod...it pays na mag search muna for suggestion sa net esp sa forum dito before buying a car. I bought the car as a toy para lang ma i mod and kalikutin pag wala magawa kaya im ok with what happened..but for others ,, bro 175k is 175k. Ingat lang po sa pagbili. They REALY know how to sweet talk..its their job.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yup tama. dapat aware tayo sa mga kailangang busisihin lalo na pag 2nd hand ang bibilhin natin. Sir are you referring to jay umandap o kaya kapatid nya as the one na nagbenta sayo ng esi na may magulong papeles?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Dapat dyan pino-post name ng shop or the name of the agent para maiwasan...Kasar mga ganyan! Grrr!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reymunjr View Post
    Share ko Lang po horror story ko when i bought my 2nd hand honda sa isang buy and sell somewhere near a school in evangelista. I roamed around the place and finally settled in this place, the guy was good in talking and saying nice thing about the car and mura na daw un..since i was really looking for a honda esi singkit and only in that place meron (plan to mod it kasi e)so i deposited 5k for it and say that i can claim it after a week so they can clean it up and finish it. Week after i returned hoping to drive it out only to find out that the papers are not complete yet..since im TOO far from the place i asked them if there is someway we can expedite it so i can drive it home that afternoon. Sabi nila ung CR nalang daw ang wala but inaasikaso na nung former owner so they say it would only be a couple of day i could drive it daw na since narehistro na and may deed of sale na from them..too follow day cr once they receive it. Trusting they would have it i paid 155k(partial then full payment after all papers are complete). Months past no papers..only to find out na change engine pala sya and that was causing the delay...nawala receipt nung engine thus hindi pa napalitan sa LTO. Again after a month naproduce din(with my constant pangungulit and inaway ko na ung kausap ko sa evangelista) nag ka bayaran na and naibigay na sa akin papers, tutulungan nalang daw ako nung former ahente nung car to facilitate the confirmation of engine again only to find out na di lang pala receipt ang kailangan for Lto confirmation. In short i have a car with diff engine as reflected in the 2009 OR. Lesson here mga ka brod...it pays na mag search muna for suggestion sa net esp sa forum dito before buying a car. I bought the car as a toy para lang ma i mod and kalikutin pag wala magawa kaya im ok with what happened..but for others ,, bro 175k is 175k. Ingat lang po sa pagbili. They REALY know how to sweet talk..its their job.

Moderator's Note:

Cutting your message into proper paragraphs and complete sentences will GREATLY increase the ease in reading your post.

If it is easier to read, more people will read it.

If it's "painful" to read, more people will ignore it.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Moderator's Note:

Cutting your message into proper paragraphs and complete sentences will GREATLY increase the ease in reading your post.

Appologies po sir MOD, sa CP ko lang kasi kinompose yung post.liit po screen pero tama ka...noob here :-)

Mga sir, nalagas buhok ko sa mga kausap ko sa car. Ang sakit sa loob...iniisip ko nalang may karma ang buhay. I hope they can take it when it comes knockin on their faces,.

Sa mga bibili ng 2nd hand wag kayo mawalan ng loob, marami parin jan honest...you just have to do your assignment before letting go of your hard earned cash...goodluck po sa atin.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Moderator's Note:

Appologies po sir MOD, sa CP ko lang kasi kinompose yung post.liit po screen pero tama ka...noob here :-)

Mga sir, na lagas buhok ko sa mga kausap ko sa car. Ang hirap pag naiisip ung nangyari iniisip ko nalang may karma ang buhay. I hope they can take it when it comes knockin on their faces,.

Sa mga bibili ng 2nd hand wag kayo mawalan ng loob, marami parin jan honest...you just have to do your assignment before letting go of your hard earned cash...goodluck po sa atin.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    parang sa tapat ng pio na skul yung sinasabi mong pinagbilhan mo..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    TS pa-post na ng name ng shop/agent para ma warn yung iba na nagbabalak bumili.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I hope maayos mo din papers nyan sir. It's ok to buy 2nd hand cars if you know how to check the condition of the car. Mas maganda magdala ka ng trusted mechanic mo or barkada na may alam sa kotse.. do test drive if you are really decided.

Next one:

Check the papers, (LTO, OR/CR, deed of sale, i.d's of the owner, highway patrol clearance etc. Engine serials and vins na din, baka mamaya dinoktor sir.

Name the shop na din to advise other tsikoteers to beware of this shop.

just sharing my experiences and others tips...

Honda civic ESI 93, bought at a buy n sell-horror story