New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    hi guys. i just want to know more about EG hatchback.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    hi guys. i just want to know more about EG hatchback.
    Very good car. Fun to drive. Very frugal with the stock 1.2 liter engine. Flexible interior (fold flat rear seats) and stylish.

Also very expensive secondhand, prone to rust in certain areas, and very old. If you can get one secondhand with no issues in the 150k peso range, may be worth it... but otherwise, way overpriced.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    ahh, marami ako nkkita 200k na hatch. VTEC na ba yun? or engine transplant lang?

maganda kasi ung build ng hatch. the size is very ok for 1 person on board tapos maganda pa i porma. pag nakaroon ako. PROJECT TIME na.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    also ito po ata yung batch na nagkaka spots ung bubong?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, eto un. yung mga eg ang kadalasan may bulutong sa bubong.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Stylish and fun to mod.

May be not worth your money since it's SO OLD.

However it still looks good up to now.

Can be costly ( 2nd hand ) to bring it to the best shape ( bulutong roof, wear and tear of parts, etc. )

Stock esi engines do good, but don't expect much.

If you want a fast one, slap a b16a or a b18c.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    EG hatchback is a damn old, overpriced vehicle with least power amenities in its class!

Haha! Bitter!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've ridden in some very good hatches. In fact, my buddy at Speedlab has one of the nicest ones I've ever driven... pristine interior, straight body, good suspension, a well-tuned D15B (not the Japanese one... local lang) with an LSD. It drives better than many modern cars, has good oomph, and it's relatively spacious for its size. I'm still trying to get him to part with it.

But... unless you get a really cherry one, it's going to cost a lot of money to restore one... especially given the insane asking prices out there. And yes, rust is a big problem (but it's also a problem on the 96 and up VTis and SiRs... which also develop rust in the roof).

If you're buying one as a daily driver... forget it. 200k pesos? That will buy you a 2000 and up Lynx already! That's a car with bigger seats, better crash safety and similarly good handling.... and 100% less rust.

If you're buying it as a toy... if you have the money, go ahead. But hunt around for a good price, or for a car in good condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    nagtataka lang ako. bakit ang mahal parin kahit luma na. konting difference nalang ay makakakuha na ako ng 97 VTi. hehe

anyways.. wla na kasing local na labas na EK eh. mas maganda sana yun kaso mahal din.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Priceless daw kasi yung cute factor at pogi arrive.

Kung iisipin mo, the ESi is the best Civic EG in terms of features offered locally, pero mas mura siya kaysa sa hatch.

Kasi mas madaming nagagandahan sa itsura ng hatch.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Honda Civic EG.