New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hello, we have a problem our honda 1997(converted) AT transmission car suddenly became extremely slow while driving, We already had it checked from 3 mechanic shops here. The first shop said they couldn't fix it, the second shop changed the Alternator we paid 11k php but it still had the same problem (the shop was sued, and they returned the 11k lol!) And then we went to my uncle's trusted mechanic and told us he can fix it but the price would be 18k php for the transmission part 23k total including labor, but he's still not sure if that's the total price because the engine might have been broken because it was driven while the transmission broke so it might also have a problem.

My question is that, is this worth the fix? or is it better to buy a new 2nd hand car? The mechanic told us the total repair including aircon, wipers, door locks, etc. will total about 60K. Please note that the car is not well maintained! It only went to the shop every time it won't run!

I only have about 210K php to allocated so I can't buy any brand new cars.

By the way i'm from Cagayan de Oro City (Mindanao) please help if you can, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If I were you, I'd sell the unit. Not worth the trouble of repairing it plus it's converted.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    thank you for the response ans_lim168.

I also forgot to mention that the parts that are going to be replaced are surplus, so they don't have a any warranty

anyone who knows the price if it's sold broken? or should we fix it first then sell it?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    kung dito ka lang sa manila sir maayos pa yan... hirap kasi diyan medyo malayo kayo kaya sinasamantala kayo ng mekaniko.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    yes, it's very hard to find a good mechanic, sadly this is our only option.

Anyone else who can give us an advice would be truly appreciated. Thank you

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Anyone?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    EK9?

Kung dito sir sa NCR, I'd bet my arm it will be fixed instantly since many specialize in Hondas here. Pero since nasa CDO ka, you're best bet would be to sell your Honda at a bargain price (since it's broken) then buy a new one. Much better if local.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    EK9?

Kung dito sir sa NCR, I'd bet my arm it will be fixed instantly since many specialize in Hondas here. Pero since nasa CDO ka, you're best bet would be to sell your Honda at a bargain price (since it's broken) then buy a new one. Much better if local.
    Not sure if it's ek9 how do i check?

How much would it sell for a broken civic? Wouldn't it be better if we fix it first then sell it? How much is a 97 at civic compared ti a broken one?

Thanks.