New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    It seems alam mo talaga gusto ko itanung sayo , which is mag papa glass coat nako or nde. Kase idol kita haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Your choice if you want it glass coated. It spares you the hassle of having it waxed regularly, although you'll still need regular car washes.

Say you get glass coating that lasts 2 years, that will set you back around 8-10k.

If you get your car waxed every other month for 300 pesos, that's just 3.6k for 2 years. Which is why I haven't gotten my car coated.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Malaki ba yung diff ng glass coating? Is it like perma wax that needs car wash?

When I had (marginally) more time, I used to have the car waxed every month or so.

The last time our cars have had a wax is probably mga 3-4 years ago hehehehe

Might consider glass coating kung ganun para one shot lang

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Ceramic coat/Glass coating whatever they call it are still prone to scratches, swirl marks, rock chips and water spots. Don't believe the marketing hype stating that it's scratch proof and what not. Think of it as another layer of super glossy "clear coat" on your car. Yes, your car will look fantastic as it brings it to another level of gloss. Every one will notice it.

Don't believe those YouTube videos where they throw mud water on the car and it will just glide without sticking to your car. It's B.S. What's that? Non stick Teflon? Lol. Mud, dirt, asphalt, bugs, tree sap and grime will still stick to your car. It's only hydrophobic and not mud-o-phobic. Lol.

If you want another layer of "clear coat" to preserve the original factory clear coat, then go for it. At least when you buff out a scratch or swirl marks, you know you're buffing the "ceramic" layer only. It will also save you 2 yrs worth of waxing.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Your choice if you want it glass coated. It spares you the hassle of having it waxed regularly, although you'll still need regular car washes.

Say you get glass coating that lasts 2 years, that will set you back around 8-10k.

If you get your car waxed every other month for 300 pesos, that's just 3.6k for 2 years. Which is why I haven't gotten my car coated.

Thanks sir jut. Something to think about.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks sir mda and brushless for the share

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Because it's really not mud but just colored water. Hehe
    I also prefer waxing as it helps you keep a consistent protection level for your car as oppose to a waning/deteriorating one. Same reason why I'm not enticed by the super long lasting waxes that are promoted in the net.
    Equally important will be how you wash your car.... Use the right materials/methods and wash it at least once a week when it rains to avoid watermarks from bonding your paint and glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Ceramic coat/Glass coating whatever they call it are still prone to scratches, swirl marks, rock chips and water spots. Don't believe the marketing hype stating that it's scratch proof and what not. Think of it as another layer of super glossy "clear coat" on your car. Yes, your car will look fantastic as it brings it to another level of gloss. Every one will notice it.

Don't believe those YouTube videos where they throw mud water on the car and it will just glide without sticking to your car. It's B.S. What's that? Non stick Teflon? Lol. Mud, dirt, asphalt, bugs, tree sap and grime will still stick to your car. It's only hydrophobic and not mud-o-phobic. Lol.

If you want another layer of "clear coat" to preserve the original factory clear coat, then go for it. At least when you buff out a scratch or swirl marks, you know you're buffing the "ceramic" layer only. It will also save you 2 yrs worth of waxing.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you have a 1.8E, first thing to upgrade are the rims.

The stock 16" rims look small on that big body. If you put spoilers and side skirts without changing rims, you make it look worse.

What you do after changing rims is entirely up to you.

I'm also not a fan of the big chrome grille so I had it repainted black. Lastly, instead of putting the RS' big spoiler, I went with a more subtle ducktail like in the USDM Touring version.

Thank you sir Jut! Saw your previous posts before about sa Civic and that made me finalize my choice. So rims nalang muna? Im planning on getting the quad tip exhaust, spoiler, drl leds rear and frond and chin too. Iniisip ko kasi sa rims hindi kaya bababa ground clearance ko if I choose an 18” rims and tires? Also, howd you get that grille black? Pinagawa mo or what? Diba babagal sasakyan nun kasi youll be adding weight kasi bigger rims?
    Last edited by zurcmit; January 2nd, 2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Add

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Re glass coat, diamond coat, ceramic coat, titanium coat etc. nag iisip din ako ipaganyan kasi sa mga vids nila sa fb talagang eye catching. Inooven pa nga hehe! Well, atleast nag ka idea ko kung pano ba talaga ginagawa and effect nun. Thank you all sa feedback!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcmit View Post
    Thank you sir Jut! Saw your previous posts before about sa Civic and that made me finalize my choice. So rims nalang muna? Im planning on getting the quad tip exhaust, spoiler, drl leds rear and frond and chin too. Iniisip ko kasi sa rims hindi kaya bababa ground clearance ko if I choose an 18” rims and tires? Also, howd you get that grille black? Pinagawa mo or what?
    Some unsolicited inputs:

1. Quad Tip Exhaust - you will need to spend extra to modify/build a new bumper that looks integrated with this. Also IMO medyo baduy. Compact car / 1.8L tapos quad tip. Even the Type-R only has 3 exhaust tips hehehe.

2. Spoiler - Ok your choice. Hopefully you don't overdo it lang.

3. DRL Led Front Chin and Rear - Probably one max. Medyo baduy din pag tinadtad. Parang yung chrome trimmings, one or two chrome accents may be okay. Pero pag lahat ng pwede mong lagyan, nilagyan, panget na.

4. Rims - if the total diameter of your new rims and your old rims are almost the same, will not affect your ground clearance and will not rub against the fender. Example: 16" rims + tires that add 4" to the rim+tire diameter = 20" diameter. 18" rims + tires that add 2" to the rim+tire diameter = 20" diameter you'll end up with the same stance.

5. Black grille - many ways to do it depending on your budget. Yung kay sir Jut, pinapintura yan. Other ways: 1 - Plasti Dip. 2 - Buy an RS grille brand new or 2nd hand.

6. Re: Babagal sasakyan - yes may impact on acceleration and fuel consumption IF malayo yung weight difference. Go weigh your original set nalang and the new set if praning ka dito. If you replace your rims with a set original Volk TE37s, you will reduce your wheel weight by around 50% if I'm not mistaken... :D
    Last edited by mda; January 2nd, 2018 at 11:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcmit View Post
    Thank you sir Jut! Saw your previous posts before about sa Civic and that made me finalize my choice. So rims nalang muna? Im planning on getting the quad tip exhaust, spoiler, drl leds rear and frond and chin too. Iniisip ko kasi sa rims hindi kaya bababa ground clearance ko if I choose an 18” rims and tires? Also, howd you get that grille black? Pinagawa mo or what?
    Ground clearance is the same because overall tire circumference is the same. With my current set of wheels, I don't scrape humps and ramps and have never needed to tackle them sideways like what lowered cars do.

I had my grille painted black. You can also order a new set of black grilles for around 6k. Painting is cheaper, just around 2k.

It's your money so you can do whatever mods you like, but if I may share my thoughts:

Quad tip - very ricey, very poser unless you change your whole exhaust system and not just add fake tailpipes. Doesn't bode well with the 1.8 either which isn't much of a performance car at all.

LED DRL - what for? The car already comes with an OEM DRL up front and LED tail lamps at the back.

Chin/skirts - looks off if your car isn't lowered. Before adding additional body kit, get lowering springs first.

Again, your car, your rules. Subtlely is classy but you can go bonkers if that's what makes you happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda Civic 2017 Exterior/Performance Upgrade