New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    i just have this fd almost a year old lang, when i open my a/c grabe may amoy na ewan baho na nia.. dunno where it came from but im sure somethings wrong.. any advice tsikoteers and have you experience fd owner as i do?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir natural po yan sa mga FD. since 2006

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Maasim ba yung amoy?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    got this from the honda website

Honda’s Tips on Proper Use of Car Aircon

Summer is officially here! Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. imparts practical tips on proper use and maintenance of car air-conditioning unit to beat the summer heat. The air-conditioning unit is an indispensable item in today’s car especially in a tropical country such as ours.

In new cars, problems hardly ever occur but after a length of time, depending on the working conditions, its efficiency naturally diminishes. So, it is advisable that car owners know how to properly use and maintain the car’s air-con system in order to obtain the longest possible service.

Here are the following suggestions:

* Check the position of the compressor control switch (A/C knob) if it is in the ‘open’ or ‘shut off’ position. One should shut if off before starting the engine. This will avoid unnecessary drag caused by the compressor while cranking the engine.
    * Once the engine runs on, switch the fan on first. Blow the air-con’s fan at the highest speed for about a minute in order to clear away the hot air trapped in the air-con’s ducts. Then, depress the A/C knob to turn the compressor on at coolest temperature. The next step is to adjust the fan speed and temperature control switch to the level most comfortable to you.
    * Switch off the compressor before cutting off the engine. Keep the fan on at highest speed so that it blows away all humidity trapped inside the evaporator or ‘air-box.’ This will help eliminate the smell of stale air when you subsequently turn on air-con again, and at the same time, to lengthen the service of the evaporator. The process only takes about 2-3 minutes.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    common flaw ng fd yan. check out the team fd website to know more about the problem. yung drain ng evaporator ng fd nagsta-stock ng tubig. yung tubig nagiging moisture na naiiwan sa a/c filter kaya mabaho.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Newbie here. My SA told me na ang culprit eh yung materials used (he was referring to an air filter) kasi daw Japan is advocating the use of environment-friendly materials. he said organic daw materials na gamit. problem is made siya for places na kasing lamig ng japan. since mainit dito sa atin, may nagdi-disintegrate daw na very tiny particles kaya kung mapapansin mo, mabantot siya kung patay A/C. pero pag on mo A/C at lumamig na buga, nawawala na din amoy. pag nagpalit ka na daw nun in 2 years time, you can get the synthetic one para di na ganun effect. no harmful effect naman daw sa health yun kasi pumasa siya ng strict regulations sa japan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dimply4/23 View Post
    Newbie here. My SA told me na ang culprit eh yung materials used (he was referring to an air filter) kasi daw Japan is advocating the use of environment-friendly materials. he said organic daw materials na gamit. problem is made siya for places na kasing lamig ng japan. since mainit dito sa atin, may nagdi-disintegrate daw na very tiny particles kaya kung mapapansin mo, mabantot siya kung patay A/C. pero pag on mo A/C at lumamig na buga, nawawala na din amoy. pag nagpalit ka na daw nun in 2 years time, you can get the synthetic one para di na ganun effect. no harmful effect naman daw sa health yun kasi pumasa siya ng strict regulations sa japan.
    that is where the smell is coming from but the problem is not there. the problem is the build up of water on the water pan to the drain of the evaporator casing. but, your sa is correct in telling you to change the filter to a better one. that's a temporary solution to the problem.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there a solution to properly drain the water pan or is it simply a design flaw with no remedy?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Is there a solution to properly drain the water pan or is it simply a design flaw with no remedy?
    design flaw. this problem occurs only on tropical companies. i asked hcpi about it, honda japan in is the one who makes this designs. chances are they will not change it since it would cost them.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Also a victim of this smelly aircon especially pag kakabukas pa lang... Pero nasanay na ako...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda civic 2008 (aircon problem?)