New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I have this thud sound on my 2nd hand honda VTIS 05' model when shifting to 2nd gear. It happens during the first few minutes of driving, pero after that mawawala na even when you accelerate hard. It seems parang kailangan pa uminit or mag circulate ng mabuti ang engine or trasmission fluid, not sure though pero ganyan and problema. Does anyone have the same experience before?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i had a thud sound before when my engine and trany mounts were broken. the thud only happened when my A/T shifted usually up or down to/from 2nd gear.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Actually i was thinking about engine mounts also, kaya lang bakit on the first few minutes of driving lang and after that wala na even if you drive continuously for hours. Does it help kaya if i changed the ATF as well as the filter?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    you mean it's a continuous thud and not just at the point of shifting? that doesn't sound like engine/trany mounts to me.

how's your ATF level and condition?

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Yes Sir, it's only on the point of shifting to 2nd gear from the 1st and nothing on downshift. And the intriguing part was that it will only happen once during the first few minutes of driving from start, i mean, after the thud sound, you'll never hear it again even if you accelerate up to the 5th gear and put it on a dead stop then accelerate, nothing. But once you park and turn off the engine for a few hours, it will happen again.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    best pa check mo na lang sir. Kung malapit ka sa Sucat, kay Mel Casaba mo pa check sir.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    thanks, i think i should

Honda civic 2005 VTI-s A/T "thud sound" on 2nd gear