New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi guys, I have a 1996 Honda Civic, all stock, may gusto ako gawin pero di ko masimulan. haha... gusto ko kasi bumilis at gumanda ag condition ng oto ko, but I dont know where to start at I also dont know how much does it cost. salamat po in advance, im more on engire tuning muna e before papormahin. salamat salamat salamat.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    performance air intake, 4-2-1 headers, performance exhaust system ang pinaka-simple. medjo mahal unichip, turbo etc

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    first, determine if the engine is still returning the desired power output -- dyno it. if the output is ok with you, then follow fullmetal's advise for more hp. then save money for ice (in-car-entertainment), repainting, lowering kits, new wheels and tires.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Liljohn03 View Post
    Hi guys, I have a 1996 Honda Civic, all stock, may gusto ako gawin pero di ko masimulan. haha... gusto ko kasi bumilis at gumanda ag condition ng oto ko, but I dont know where to start at I also dont know how much does it cost. salamat po in advance, im more on engire tuning muna e before papormahin. salamat salamat salamat.

How much budget do you have?

Do you know that fuel consumption will increase if you do this?

Anyway, you can start with either the engine or suspension/wheels.

With suspension/wheels side: (simple mods only)
    Lowering springs - P8,000 to P14,000 (used or new, no labor yet for install & alignment)
    Wheels/tires - P25,000 to P60,000 (depending on size, brand, model)

Engine: (simple, required mods only)
    cone air intake - P1,500 to P5000 (depending on brand, ex: simota or K&N)
    headers/muffler/piping - P8,000 to P15,000 (depending on muffler shop)

Tuning:
    dyno tuning time: P4000 to P5000 per hour (depending on which tuner)
    dyno base line test: P3000 to P4000 (depending on which tuner)
    unichip (at speedlab): around P30,000 with dyno tuning included
    Apexi S-AFC or V-AFC: around P7,000 used (check car forums)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir gh yung 8k na headers/muffler/piping di stainless diba? napaisip tuloy ako kung mag-aaesthetics mod or performance mod ako haha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    sir gh yung 8k na headers/muffler/piping di stainless diba? napaisip tuloy ako kung mag-aaesthetics mod or performance mod ako haha

Hindi pa stainless at 8K. But you might be able to get a stainless muffler as part of the package if you negotiate well.

If you want stainless steel, headers alone would put you pack at least P12k to P15k. Stainless muffler would be around P8k.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hindi pa stainless at 8K. But you might be able to get a stainless muffler as part of the package if you negotiate well.

If you want stainless steel, headers alone would put you pack at least P12k to P15k. Stainless muffler would be around P8k.
    Sir ano maganda type nang muffler? Free-flow ba? Gusto ko sana yung di masyado maingay kapag mabagal ang takbo.. tnx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverworx View Post
    Sir ano maganda type nang muffler? Free-flow ba? Gusto ko sana yung di masyado maingay kapag mabagal ang takbo.. tnx

My preferred custom design is generally copied based on the size/shape of the stock muffler body then modified to be internally freeflow. The size/shape will make it easier to install on the car. Shiny stainless steel will be enough to give it a bad-ass look.

Piping size should be the recommended size for the engine displacement. Too big will result in exhaust gas velocity decrease and a potential increase in fuel consumption. Best to make the internal-pipe run diagonally inside the muffler to maximize the length of the pipe inside the can, to maximize the silencing effect at low rpms.

Muffler-tip design I prefer is just a simple rolled lip. Pipe size same as recommended internal piping diameter.

The result is a quiet idle and a deep-throaty sound at high rpms.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 6th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the advices mga Sir. Im a newbie lang kasi with regards sa car parts, functions and what to do e. kaya minsan, nagpapatulong pa ko sa mga kakilala kung ano dapat. Sir, how about headers? pano yon? ano function? at nasa magkano kaya yon? at halimbawa, yong engine niya is parang mejo humihina na. ano kaya dapat gawin? thanks ulit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My preferred custom design is generally copied based on the size/shape of the stock muffler body then modified to be internally freeflow. The size/shape will make it easier to install on the car. Shiny stainless steel will be enough to give it a bad-ass look.

Piping size should be the recommended size for the engine displacement. Too big will result in exhaust gas velocity decrease and a potential increase in fuel consumption. Best to make the internal-pipe run diagonally inside the muffler to maximize the length of the pipe inside the can, to maximize the silencing effect at low rpms.

Muffler-tip design I prefer is just a simple rolled lip. Pipe size same as recommended internal piping diameter.

The result is a quiet idle and a deep-throaty sound at high rpms.
    ok lang if di branded yung muffler? i mean yung mga gumagawa nang mga stainless sa tabi tabi ehe,, kahit hindi na mugen or spoon,, ang mahal kasi.. And Simota intake ok lang ba sir? Balak ko sana simota cone filter + headders and freeflow muff..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic 1996... Need Help.