New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi, question lang g po mga sir, I have a honda city i-dsi 07 model w/ 17" mags, but my problem is gusto ko po i lowered yung springs, would it be necessary to buy lowering springs or to have them cut....help naman po mga pro, ung lowering springs po kasi medyo mahal instead of having them cut nlang, any suggestions po or advice,,,thnx tsikot...^^

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Cutting your springs is a no-no. It will just destroy your suspension underneath. There are brand new budget springs available, or yet, find on one the 2nd hand market - just make sure what you will be buying is original - if budget is really limited. If you still don't have enough cash, invest some. Patience is the key. Never resort to quicky alternatives, you'll just regret what you did in the future.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkeight08 View Post
    Hi, question lang g po mga sir, I have a honda city i-dsi 07 model w/ 17" mags, but my problem is gusto ko po i lowered yung springs, would it be necessary to buy lowering springs or to have them cut....help naman po mga pro, ung lowering springs po kasi medyo mahal instead of having them cut nlang, any suggestions po or advice,,,thnx tsikot...^^
    TS wag ka magputol nang spring, sasakit lang ulo mo, you'll end up replacing damaged parts of your suspension due to your putol spring, may specific spring rate kasi mga yan.. Much better to invest on decent lowering springs, from what i've read sa forums, go for brands like H&R, tein, tanabe, etc..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Never cut your springs. For one, the cut spring may not seat well and may fall off the spring perch and cause more trouble for you.

You can fine either new or 2nd hand lowering springs for your car. If you want brand new, you can check out the numerous car tuner shops around the city. BTW, once you have your new springs installed, remember to have your car's wheel alignment checked and adjusted.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks po sir GH, thats really a very good advice, ty po ulit buti nlang didnt have the time to have them cut or checked but thanks again sir,,,,and to tsikot more power!...=)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    BTW, sir any advise regarding shops that are selling cheap but good quality lowering springs?...thnx again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    BTW, sir any advise regarding shops that are selling cheap but good quality lowering springs?...thnx again
    Kalimutan ko name ng shop. Pero sa banawe marame Maxspeed ang brand around Php 7-8K. Bawal po pala dito ang text speak sir :-)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How would you consider "cheap"? ... running price would be P12.5K at Speedlab for TEIN springs.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Wouldn't just buying lowering springs compromise the whole vehicle's suspension? Alam ko kasi pagmagpapa-lower ka, you compromise it with adjustments to the other suspension parts diba?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hanap ka nalang ng mga tipong Maxspeed, Whiteline etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda city lowering springs or putol?