New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    In my case testing the ignition coil with the honda mechanic (home service) was trial and error. He brought an original working ignition coil and had to replace each coil one by one and test drive to see which one is defective. In my case we found 4 defective coils. Replacing them with original surplus parts 2 years ago worked. I’ve never had the jerking problem since. Been using the car 6 days a week, average of 50km per day for 10yrs and it’s still fuel efficient as ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fortucsoner2018 View Post
    Many thanks Sir. Hoping din ako that it's just the fuel filter.

By the way, meron bang fuel filter replacement lang na available in any local parts dealer. Namamahalan kasi ako sa original at Php 4,200 + labor pa.
    Just an update. Original Honda Fuel filter is Php1,800 lang pala my bad. The changing of the fuel filter did not solve the RPM issue. last Sunday i went to Evangelista and looked for ignition coils. 1 lang nakitang sira(the spring inside the coil was detached) sa harap. Isinabay ko na din ang change oil and oil filter pati na din changing of brand new front wheel bearings(2pcs). So far my Honda has greatly improved its performance. The jerking was minimized both forward and reverse movement, although personally hindi pa rin ako satisfied sa RPM (maybe paranoid lang ako or hinahanap ko yung dating performance nya 3 yrs ago).

May nabasa ako to reduce the distance of the spark plugs.... anyone knows how can this be carried out or pukpukin ko lang sya ng martilyo?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperjigs View Post
    In my case testing the ignition coil with the honda mechanic (home service) was trial and error. He brought an original working ignition coil and had to replace each coil one by one and test drive to see which one is defective. In my case we found 4 defective coils. Replacing them with original surplus parts 2 years ago worked. I’ve never had the jerking problem since. Been using the car 6 days a week, average of 50km per day for 10yrs and it’s still fuel efficient as ever.

How much did it cost you sir for replacing the coils? Because i have the same persistent problem, i have changed spark plugs several times in the past months already. Plus yung fuel consumption was down from 15km to 7km on a long drive.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jowen_2 View Post
    How much did it cost you sir for replacing the coils? Because i have the same persistent problem, i have changed spark plugs several times in the past months already. Plus yung fuel consumption was down from 15km to 7km on a long drive.
    Japan surplus ignition coil was 1,200 each.

Also one thing I have noticed is that using original honda spark plugs made the ride smoother.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperjigs View Post
    Japan surplus ignition coil was 1,200 each.

Also one thing I have noticed is that using original honda spark plugs made the ride smoother.

Kamusta FC mo sir? I was on a long drive kahapon, pumalo lang ng 11km/l on a 200km drive. May napalitan na ko 2 ignition coil. Thanks po

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have also experienced this in my 2003 City iDSI M/T. The feeling is just like nag fuel starving and nag jerk, but during one of my PMS schedule sa CASA, the na e replace yung fuel filter, but ganon parin. This happens during acceleration. The jerking happens paminsan minsan lang naman.

Ano po ba problema nito? I've been driving this car for 14.5 yrs. Dati wala naman. In short hindi naman seguro sa pag timing ng clutching, shifting and stepping ko on the gas pedal.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    I have also experienced this in my 2003 City iDSI M/T. The feeling is just like nag fuel starving and nag jerk, but during one of my PMS schedule sa CASA, the na e replace yung fuel filter, but ganon parin. This happens during acceleration. The jerking happens paminsan minsan lang naman.

Ano po ba problema nito? I've been driving this car for 14.5 yrs. Dati wala naman. In short hindi naman seguro sa pag timing ng clutching, shifting and stepping ko on the gas pedal.
    in the olden days, we would think about engine misfire.
    high tension circuit, including sparking plugs. fuel starvation. slightly dirty (water!) fuel.
    with today's electronic fuel injection, i wouldn't know anymore.
    how's the fuel pump?
    maybe we should inspect the sparking plugs?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 10th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the olden days, we would think about engine misfire.
    high tension circuit, including sparking plugs. fuel starvation. slightly dirty (water!) fuel.
    with today's electronic fuel injection, i wouldn't know anymore.
    how's the fuel pump?
    maybe we should inspect the sparking plugs?
    Sir, thanks for some inputs. By the way the spark plugs are being checked every PMS. Just don't remember when was the last time it was replaced. I have it maintained at CASA ever since. Is there a way we could check if each spark plugs are working. I don't notice any loss of engine power except that of jerking. I have already change fuel filter during my previous pms as per schedule. I'll try to ask the technician about the fuel pump condition in my next PMS.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir, thanks for some inputs. By the way the spark plugs are being checked every PMS. Just don't remember when was the last time it was replaced. I have it maintained at CASA ever since. Is there a way we could check if each spark plugs are working. I don't notice any loss of engine power except that of jerking. I have already change fuel filter during my previous pms as per schedule. I'll try to ask the technician about the fuel pump condition in my next PMS.
    i do not know if today's modern ECUs can point to a defective sparking plug or not.
    but in the olden days, an oscilloscope would say which plug was not functioning to spec, and even give clues as to what was happening.
    i haven't seen a shop oscilloscope in decades.

i suppose an old-school mechanic can figure it out, using basic tools.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Nacheck mo na ba engine support?

honda city engine jerking