New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2006 Honda City 1.3 CVT. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the car. Mileage is around 12km per liter using Shell Super Unleaded. I don't go out of town so the figure is purely city driving. I really like the CVT transmission as it is very smooth. Torque for a 1.3 liter car is surprisingly good. Interior space is very good compared to Vios.

Now for the bad news. The dashboard keeps on vibrating - giving off this rattling sound that is driving me nuts. Honda Casa took the car for 4 days to fix the problem - they pulled down the dashboard but couldn't find the source of the rattling sound so they just placed added insulation.

After getting the car back - for the first 2 days no rattling sound. But on the 3rd day, the rattling sound is back.

Have other Honda City owners experienced this? What did you do about it? Can this be solved?

Thanks for your comments.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by practical
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2006 Honda City 1.3 CVT. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the car. Mileage is around 12km per liter using Shell Super Unleaded. I don't go out of town so the figure is purely city driving. I really like the CVT transmission as it is very smooth. Torque for a 1.3 liter car is surprisingly good. Interior space is very good compared to Vios.

Now for the bad news. The dashboard keeps on vibrating - giving off this rattling sound that is driving me nuts. Honda Casa took the car for 4 days to fix the problem - they pulled down the dashboard but couldn't find the source of the rattling sound so they just placed added insulation.

After getting the car back - for the first 2 days no rattling sound. But on the 3rd day, the rattling sound is back.

Have other Honda City owners experienced this? What did you do about it? Can this be solved?

Thanks for your comments.

I had this too. I was able to fix it by using some zip ties inside the dash. Don't expect Honda to be able to fix it.

Call up Albert Teneros at 1800-1000-HONDA, bug him about this issue.
    Last edited by Psylocke; June 12th, 2006 at 08:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hi Psylocke,

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you explain more on zip ties? What are these, where can I buy it and how do I go about using it?

Is Mr. Albert Teneros connected with Honda Cars Philippines?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Yes Albert Teneros is with honda. Call him up and make them aware that you have this issue.

Search google for "zip ties".

The fix isn't easy to describe with words alone. If you have time to drive up here to Tarlac I'll show you how :D

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The DSi stick M/T version does not seem to have this issue. Or is it just mine?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *practical
    What Honda CASA is this.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I have the same problem with my 2006 1.5 A/T city. Already mentioned it to Honda Makati during my first 1,000km check up. They wanted to remove the dashboard. I said no. I'm afraid baka hindi nila magawa at hindi na maibalik ng maayos. The sound is really annoying. Does it come from the center just on top of the aircon in the middle? Although minsan wala yung sound, but most of the time meron. I think maluwag yung dashboard mismo kasi when I try to put pressure on it nawawala. Bad trip lang nga talaga.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    pag vtec city, make them check the airbag mechanism sa steering wheel. from other vtec users of city and jazz, ito yung problem eh..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What did you zip tie? hehehe. Wires ba?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    What did you zip tie? hehehe. Wires ba?

The dash's lip ziptied so it grabs the stud firmly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda City